sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

COMPLETED - Moonlite Focusers with Motor CS 2" controller and temp sensor

This has been sitting in my spares box for a couple of years, they comprise of the following: -

CS model focuser
Colour = Dark Blue
Flange = RC90mm ( fits the 8")
Drawtube = 1.5" travel comp ring
Knob/Motor = High res stepper motor with mini V2 controller
Sync Cable
Temp Prob

I bought the 2" CF focuser to use on my GSO/Altair 8" RC

It is unmarked and in immaculate condition

I will sell the 2" for £325 If you want the controller then it cost an extra £125

All of the above is plus postage

Moonlite_2.thumb.jpg.bd9977246cc25aaee4c925b22422296c.jpg

Edited by Jkulin
Updated
  • 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, dannybgoode said:

May as well ask on this one as well. Would you split and sell just the motor/controller?

Cheers

Unfortunately the motor and focuser come together, there is no way to split them.

20 minutes ago, szymon said:

I currently have a Celestron 80ED with an adaptor to 86mm, with a GSO Crayford focuser fitted.  Would this fit?  Do you have an exact moonlight model number?

I will try and dig up the original invoices as I also have the larger 2.5" focuser.

43 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

Unfortunately the motor and focuser come together, there is no way to split them.

They should split as they are two separate items although they are sometimes sold as a complete unit.  The motor is connected to the focuser by way of a mount and unbolts from the main body of the focuser - you can see the mounting bolts just above the motor drive wheel that attach to the metal L plate.  That said if you are not comfortable fiddling with it I quite understand.

2 hours ago, dannybgoode said:

They should split as they are two separate items although they are sometimes sold as a complete unit.  The motor is connected to the focuser by way of a mount and unbolts from the main body of the focuser - you can see the mounting bolts just above the motor drive wheel that attach to the metal L plate.  That said if you are not comfortable fiddling with it I quite understand.

Hi Danny,

I have no problem fiddling, what I meant to say was that I bought the focuser/motor/controller as one unit/purchase and was not provided with the left hand knob where the motor is secured, so removing the motor would leave the focuser without the LH focusing knob, so it is for that reason that the focuser and motor are sold as one and will not be split.

Hope that explains things better.

I'm just sorting all the measurements out and will post later.

21 hours ago, Jkulin said:

Hi Danny,

I have no problem fiddling, what I meant to say was that I bought the focuser/motor/controller as one unit/purchase and was not provided with the left hand knob where the motor is secured, so removing the motor would leave the focuser without the LH focusing knob, so it is for that reason that the focuser and motor are sold as one and will not be split.

Hope that explains things better.

I'm just sorting all the measurements out and will post later.

Ah yes, apologies - that makes perfect sense.  Annoyingly I can't reach focus with the Moonlite in the imaging train anyway.  Thanks for letting me know anyway.

11 minutes ago, John G Gill said:

Hi will take the controller if you are selling separately 

John Gill

Hi John, I have to give the person who may buy the Focusers the first option on the controller, so if the focusers sell  without it then will give you first refusal.