Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dobsonian encoder kits

solarboy

@solarboy as per the previous reply have you not considered making your own manual version.

I am aiming to make one when I get my new dob. 

The AZ part is here https://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/advice/make-an-azimuth-setting-circle/

The ALt part can be achieved with a simple and cheap angle meter. Amazon meter

I have compared the meter to a fully working pushto system reading on my Orion XTi and it was very accurate.

Essentially as long as your dob is perfectly level, and I mean perfectly level. You make sure you get the AZ spot on using polaris then you will be as accurate as a paid for electronic system.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the old thread bump, but there aren't many on this topic. Has anybody used these types of DSC (I have just fitted DobsonDream 8 on my scope) with ASCOM (for StarryNight Pro 8)?. I have been fiddling with an ASCOM DSC Driver all evening, but have been having connection issues. It works fine using SkyFi on SkySafari Pro 7.

Edited by Miles