Narrowband

New ZWO mono camera on the way?

Spongey

I don't know if it applies to the IMX 571 sensors, but according to the Astrograph site the ASI 6200 uses the cheaper "C" (Consumer) grade sensor while the QHY 600 uses the more expensive "K" (Industrial) grade. The QHY 600L, using the "C" grade sensor is "£500 less than the ZWO camera.

3 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I don't know if it applies to the IMX 571 sensors, but according to the Astrograph site the ASI 6200 uses the cheaper "C" (Consumer) grade sensor while the QHY 600 uses the more expensive "K" (Industrial) grade. The QHY 600L, using the "C" grade sensor is "£500 less than the ZWO camera.

I remember reading at same point that QHY have confirmed that there is only one version of this (IMX 571) sensor (can't find a source right now, sorry).

Edited by Spongey

1 hour ago, gorann said:

What I do not understand is why the price for the ASI version is so very much higher,  2895 Euro = 2620 GBP on pre-order from TS with delivery 15 March.  That is more expensive than the colour version at TS (2486 Euro). By contrast, the British dealers sell the QHY mono version even cheaper than the colour version, and for nearly 900 pounds less than the ASI at TS.

Maybe someone at FLO @FLO can enlighten us what is going on and when they will start taking pre-orders for the ASI2600MM and what the UK price will be.

To add to the price confusion, OPT in San Diego sells the QHY268M for $2,095 and the ASI2600MM for $2,280, so less than 200 GBP difference

That price for the 2600 is nuts, if that's really the amount then the qhy version is very attractive in fact it's a steal at the introductory price.

33 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

That price for the 2600 is nuts, if that's really the amount then the qhy version is very attractive in fact it's a steal at the introductory price.

Beta testers 😄

Dave

• Haha 1

Is the Astrograph site genuine?  I just went searching for it and it's one of the worst e-commerce sites I've seen for years.  It's not even secure, I wouldn't trust my card details to it.

No Privacy Policy, no cookie control, these are hard requirements for operating an ecom business these days.

• Like 1

See the stuff in my sig? Getting on for £20k of that came from Astrograph, so I would say they are genuine, but Rupert can be a little slow in replying as he's virtually a one-man band, and is often in spain at E-EyE.

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 1

On 12/01/2021 at 14:51, gorann said:

Maybe someone at FLO @FLO can enlighten us what is going on and when they will start taking pre-orders for the ASI2600MM and what the UK price will be.

Our first delivery of ZWO ASI2600MM-P cameras should arrive at the warehouse late-Feb / early-Mar. The camera will be listed at our website soon at the introductory price (valid until 28th Feb). 

We don't yet have a landed price but the 'early-bird' $ price + Duty & VAT is equivalent to £2086 (at todays exchange-rate) so our price will be close to that. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FLO said:

Our first delivery of ZWO ASI2600MM-P cameras will arrive at our warehouse late-Feb / early-Mar. The camera will be listed at our website soon at the introductory price (valid until 28th Feb). 

We don't yet have a landed price but the 'early-bird' $ price + Duty & VAT is equivalent to £2086 (at todays exchange-rate) so our price will be close to that. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Good to know Steve! That is close enough to the early-bird QHY price to make some loyal customers decide to wait for the ZWO.

On 12/01/2021 at 17:35, DaveS said:

Rupert has said he won't invoice me until he has the invoice from QHY, so likely to be a while yet.

Just had the invoice from Rupert, he reckons 7-10 days due to import problems, says it's chaotic at present.

50 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Sorry Steve!  I was actually referring to the QHY268MONO

However I did pay for my ZWO2600MC from you on the 15th December, patiently awaiting it's delivery :D 

No problem 😆

I was speed reading, saw the discussion title and assumed you meant the ZWO camera you currently have on order. 

• Like 1

I am tempted to get one especially since I just sold one of my ASI1600MM. I have never used a QHY camera for imaging (only guiding). I have a bunch of ASI cameras and feel comforatble with them so I am leaning towards an ASI2600MM. Looking at the QHY site I cannot figure out if they have a capture software for it. ASI has the ASI studio, which works (kind of). QHY has something called System Pack. Is that an imaging software? It seems a bit odd to sell a camera without software.

I think it is. I seem to remember downloading a pack of drivers when I wanted to get my old QHY 5-II running on a new stick PC. The QHY has 4 different readout modes while the ASI only has one. I can see how some of the modes might suit different imaging regimes.

Just seen a picture of someone with their 2600 MM Pro on fb. I think he's a tester for ZWO.

I'm definitely going to upgrade either this month or next month to a dedicated OSC, I just don't know which to route to go for. I know people will say Mono because, and it is more versatile, but I'm also thinking, some of these fast scopes now, with an OSC, the images to me are magnificent... the RASA /f2, Epsilon 160 etc. The cost of an OSC and RASA would probably be about the same as Mono+Filter Wheel+Filters.