Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

New ZWO mono camera on the way?


Recommended Posts

Thanks for the advice and input guys, and despite my stubbornness, I have to concede that the APS-C is more than adequate.  I'll still get a nice increase in FOV, with increased resolution at the same time, compared to my current KAF8300 sensor.

image.png.b91770f7a5924a4020dce619108b53d2.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a super camera, it would want to be for the price. I haven't noticed any issues since i started using it in January. Zero amp glow, no reflection problems and nice deep wells. The cooling works b

First light with Heart Nebula, 4 hours of SHO with  80mm TS scope and flattener. The full moon did not help at all but at least I got to image something and check guiding etc. (camera is seriously hea

Apparently the ASI2600MM mono is coming soon  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gorann said:

Are you sure it is the same? The one I have screws on to the camera with a set of small screws after removing the tilt plate on the camera.

See here: https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/tutorials/5-connection-methods-to-get-55mm-back-focus-length.html

Yes, there's only 2 options for the ASI6200MM....the 2"x5 or 2"x7, I have the 2"x7. In this sample pix, it's attached to my Tak µ250CRS instead (which has a smaller imaging circle so vignette on this scope makes sense, but not on the Pentax 125SDP).

IMG_3287.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AnakChan said:

Yes, there's only 2 options for the ASI6200MM....the 2"x5 or 2"x7, I have the 2"x7. In this sample pix, it's attached to my Tak µ250CRS instead (which has a smaller imaging circle so vignette on this scope makes sense, but not on the Pentax 125SDP).

IMG_3287.jpeg

Yes, that is the one. I got worried when you wrote "EFW2" which is something different I think.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gorann said:

Yes, that is the one. I got worried when you wrote "EFW2" which is something different I think.

This is the vignette I get with the ZWO 2" Lum with the ASI6200MM on the Pentax 125SDP which was surprising. the 125SDP should have an image circle the same as the FSQ106ED. 

Preview_IC4628_60s_1x1_L.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Surely some vignetting is ok, provided it corrects with flats and doesn’t overly impinge on SNR?

Yes some vignetting is ok and can easily be corrected. 
 

I think some on cloudy nights using 2” filters have mentioned the filter wheel doesn’t move to exactly the same position each time you change filter. Meaning you’ll need to take flats each time. 
 

Ive not found this but i always move the filters forward in the wheel rather than both directions. So Ive only taken one set of flats for each filter and this has worked for me. 
 

The m54 connection on the filter wheel could also cause some vignetting as the internal diameter of the male part is 46+mm. Just keep that in mind if using a fast scope again. I change the connection to go directly to M68. 
 

ken 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AnakChan said:

This is the vignette I get with the ZWO 2" Lum with the ASI6200MM on the Pentax 125SDP which was surprising. the 125SDP should have an image circle the same as the FSQ106ED. 

Preview_IC4628_60s_1x1_L.jpg

Could be the m54 connection ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ken82 said:

Could be the m54 connection ? 

Upgraded to the M68 tilt adapter :D. I'm pretty sure this is due to the ZWO 2" filters, since they're mounted, the actual filter glass itself is less than 2" naturally. But I am surprised at @gorann's 2" mounted Baader not vignetting at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AnakChan said:

Upgraded to the M68 tilt adapter :D. I'm pretty sure this is due to the ZWO 2" filters, since they're mounted, the actual filter glass itself is less than 2" naturally. But I am surprised at @gorann's 2" mounted Baader not vignetting at all.

But Gorann is at f7 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ken82 said:

But Gorann is at f7 

Doh! I missed that...mine's F4.9. So actually thank you. This may prompt me to test by removing my reducer and try native 800mm/F6.4 to see if that helps.

Edited by AnakChan
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gorann said:

Thanks Ken, I was about to ask about the f-ratio😉

Just out of interest do you have any sort of tilt adapter ? 
 

I found it absolutely necessary with the fsq 106 but no at all with the fsq 85. Which implies it was likely the adapters on the 106???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the ASI6200MM comes with a tilt adapter that is moved from the camera to the front of the image train after you add the EFW and OAG. But I have not needed to adjust it.

 

Skärmavbild 2020-12-02 kl. 20.20.23.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gorann said:

Yes, the ASI6200MM comes with a tilt adapter that is moved from the camera to the front of the image train after you add the EFW and OAG. But I have not needed to adjust it.

 

Skärmavbild 2020-12-02 kl. 20.20.23.png

The standard m54 one ? Wow that’s great that caused a massive amount of vignetting for me until changing to m68. 
 

Just shows the difference between the f ratios 👍

I also found the zwo tilt adapter pointless as you’d need to remove the camera to adjust the screws. Gerd Neumann CTU is much better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ken82 said:

The standard m54 one ? Wow that’s great that caused a massive amount of vignetting for me until changing to m68. 
 

Just shows the difference between the f ratios 👍

I also found the zwo tilt adapter pointless as you’d need to remove the camera to adjust the screws. Gerd Neumann CTU is much better. 

Yes, what a useless tilt adapter than cannot be adjusted while imaging - happy I did not need to adjust it since f/7 is so forgiving. I save my troubles to my imaging at f/2 with the RASA8.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SamAndrew said:

excellent, wonder what the price will be; it would be nice if was the same as the colour version, but I'm expecting £2500.

I’m expecting the same price as the colour version, but typically mono is a little more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course, the 'early birds' will be the beta testers, judging by the various bugs unearthed in both QHY and ZWO 294mm offerings being tested by the users at the moment.

N.F.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SamAndrew said:

Very tempting! esentially can get a free filter wheel to go with it. Need new filters as well though 😐

Yeah, the filter prices are hard to stomach...

Maybe at the end of the year things will be more reasonable.

N.F.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.