Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Red power light goes on and off on mount.

Taff

When the power is on  with my eq6 mount the little red light start to go on and off and and goes off all together.So can i use the power port in the hand set instead to operate the mount.Can anyone explain why the red light on the mount goes on and off Thanks.Mark

not knowing the EQ6 but I have an EQ5. I don't believe you can power the mount via the handset connector, it's there more to power the handset when it's not hooked to the mount for firmware upgrades I believe. Add that the up to 2A power draw for the motors and circuitry when fast slewing and that's kinda pushing the handset cable and RJxx connectors a bit.

Hi' I use to use  a plug to socket with a power point lead to fit into the mount.But i now use a Sky-watcher power tank with a lead going to the power point.I was having the same probs when i was using the elec pug and lead in the power point the red round light was going on and off, worse when the mount is moving.

May be worth measuring the output voltage of the power tank , if there is a bad cell it could have low voltage.

I was having led drop out when slewing on a standard mains supply.

I was using the adapter to 12v indoors with an an extended 12v line to the mount in the garden.

Voltage drop on the longer (thin) cable from a 12 volt initial level at the adapter was dropping the voltage at the mount too low.

I resolved flickering red led by upgrading to a higher quality lab supply at 13.8 volts. and thicker cable to the mount connector.

I now use this higher quality supply in my ROR observatory for everything.

No flickering even with both RA and DEC motors both running.

I've not seen it happen myself, but I'm sure others have mentioned in recent threads that the LED can flicker whilst slewing if the supply is under-voltage or can't supply sufficient current.

James

I think you're referring to the legend under the two 12V outputs.

The legend indicates that the centre pin is +, the outer connection -, and that applies to both outputs.

Does your power lead look like this?

EQ6.JPG.ea8140a6f2710b90df088f3f0c4371d6.JPG

Then if the left connector in the image has the correct diameter centre pin, then your power connections are fine, but the available current may not be.

Michael

I'm not familiar with the power pack, but I'm guessing there are two cigar sockets under the flaps in this image, indicated by the yellow oval.

The label says Output, this means it's where you plug in and get power for your mount, so plug in to either of those.

The green circle is labeled Input, this is where you send power to the power pack battery, so I would say that's where you plug in your Mains Charger.

7ampnew.jpg.7539929011848605dbff6d078da3b136.jpg

Michael