Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC 1311 area

Kinch

There is something about swirls of Ha that I always find fascinating. Not very far from my last image - this area is also 'near' Sadr in Cygnus. I hope to make a final colour image - but struggling with high humidity every night now in SE Spain.
This is 6 hours of Ha (3nm).

6_Hours-Ha (1473 x 1179).jpg

• Like 8

Thanks 'newbie alert'. Problem with such a large field in a reduced size image here....is the lack of detail. You might like this crop.....showing here at 100%.  IC 1311 is actually the open cluster to the right side of the upper image. The second crop area is the most interesting to me personally.

6_Hours-Ha Crop.jpg86212090_6_Hours-HaCropII.thumb.jpg.131dcabfb03e26a495a75a61e539d799.jpg

Edited by Kinch
Insert 2nd image.
  • Like 3

I just did a screen grab from Telescopius. Within the green box - Sadr is obvious  in the lower left quadrant. The large dark area in my image(s) can be seen in the 'capture' .... lower right quadrant. 

Capture.JPG

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

I noticed a similar wispy area in my Sadr image and was intrigued by it

I think you may be referring to the whisps above sadr in your image......and below Sadr in one of my previous images (crop below)....but not in this (IC 1311) one.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Kinch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kinch said:

I think you may be referring to the whisps above sadr in your image......and below Sadr in one of my previous images (crop below)....but not in this one.

Capture.JPG

Yes I studied your crop for a few minutes but couldn’t quite orientate myself!  Thanks for the clarification.  Stunning image above too 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Stunning image above too

Thanks for that. Again....it is just a crop from an image that is impossible to show on SGL in full resolution.  On my website - for my images I show (via link) the full (or at least enough) resolution to show the detail that I am always after.....even if the colour does not suit all. 😏

This years images are at:   https://www.kinchastro.com/2020-images.html

Edited by Kinch
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kinch said:

Thanks for that. Again....it is just a crop from an image that is impossible to show on SGL in full resolution.  On my website - for my images I show (via link) the full (or at least enough) resolution to show the detail that I am always after.....even if the colour does not suit all. 😏

This years images are at:   https://www.kinchastro.com/2020-images.html

Wonderful images and website. Next level stuff. 

• Thanks 1

We all start from the same level....that is why I have left my early stuff in there (on the website)....out of focus, not enough data, terrible processing etc. etc.  I don't mind showing them also.......  🙂

• Like 2

I just checked out your website too Brendan. Very impressive may I say. I was especially drawn to your FSQ130 Seagull nebula image, which is spectacular by the way. It's an object i've always wanted to shoot (along with Rho Ophiuchi) but alas won't be happening anytime soon due to altitude and horizon views. 

Nice work! 👍

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments Ciarán. Creating the website was a parralel steep learning experience in the early days - which I enjoyed just as much as learning some processing skills. Now, it is an easy task putting up the images......getting the image data is now the hardest part. :icon_scratch:

Excellent images Brendan and I do really like your processing which resists the temptation to oversaturate or over-sharpen.  Really top-notch stuff.

I also like, and entirely agree with, your philosophy and sentiment "I was so proud of my achievement (I actually photographed a nebula that I could not see) - as you should be, regardless of what level you are at. This is not an easy hobby"

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ian - obviously just like yourself ("which resists the temptation to oversaturate or over-sharpen")......just been having a peek in on your own website 👍