Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sadr region 4 subs

tooth_dr

This has been my June project.  4 x 20 minutes subs from the Tak Epsilon with an Ha filter.  I didnt really plan on a mosaic but I was just manually aligning it whilst I was trying to get everything setup in a new obsy (and  and a new profile - in SGP there seems to be two places that you have to enter the same data).  I used SGP autofocus and was pleased that it seems to be working well.  I need an earlier night to sit out and do proper configuration of the pier etc.

I didnt do much processing of it, just stacked in APP, and processed lightly in PS.

Thanks!

Adam.

sadr.jpg

• Like 23

1 minute ago, newbie alert said:

Awesome..and only 4 subs..killer image once it's got all the data I think..I want to target the same area once it's clear.. if ever it is again!

Well done Adam

Thank you!  I'm still surprised how good it looked given that one panel was taken on the 21st June, and there was no astro darkness at all. The scope has a lot of potential.

Looking good Adam 👍 Crazy to think this is just 20 mins per pane, taken in bright skies. 

Just imagine what you'll be able to do with this come next month and the return of Astro Dark! 😀

17 minutes ago, rubecula said:

That's amazing for such a short duration.  The two panes are well put together.  What camera were you using? 

Thanks Robin. Panel on left was one sub and panel on right 3 subs. I’m using the same camera as you, an Atik 383L+. 

On 05/07/2020 at 12:09, rubecula said:

1 sub, good grief, that's some scope you have there!  If only.........

Thanks Robin.  It does work really well, just very critical of tilt and focus.

Very nice result indeed,

Nothing worse than trying to get things sorted out  with the hardware /software

There's only so much you can do before your under the stars hoping it all comes together,

and by the look of it I think you've cracked it Adam,

well done 

Paul 

• Thanks 1