SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EP6 - YouTube - Hershel to Hawkwind by Peter Williamson

Grant

When the War of the Worlds album cover appeared I was expecting the Richard Burton narration rather than Liam Neeson :)  And in fact I was also expecting Thus Spake Zarathustra from 2001 rather than the waltz :D

James

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesF said:

When the War of the Worlds album cover appeared I was expecting the Richard Burton narration rather than Liam Neeson :)  And in fact I was also expecting Thus Spake Zarathustra from 2001 rather than the waltz :D

James

Me too but I did play the whole of the original War of the Worlds album (on vinyl) to make up for it....

Alan

Did Deep Purple not get a mention for "Space Truckin'"?  That would certainly fit fairly well with some of the others.  I can understand skipping Chris de Burgh's "A Spaceman Came Travelling" mind.  Perhaps Train's "Drops of Jupiter" might be worthy though.

James

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Me too but I did play the whole of the original War of the Worlds album (on vinyl) to make up for it....

I still have that on vinyl somewhere, too.  Nothing to play it on at the moment, mind...

James

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesF said:

Did Deep Purple not get a mention for "Space Truckin'"?  That would certainly fit fairly well with some of the others....

We had a lot of luck on Venus
We always had a ball on Mars
Meeting all the groovey people
We've rocked the Milky Way so far
We danced around with Borealice
We're space truckin' round the the stars
Come on let's go Space Truckin'

They don't write stuff like that today :grin:

1 hour ago, John said:
They don't write stuff like that today :grin:

Still the same person writing the lyrics oddly enough, though obviously he had a bit of a break in the middle.  Sadly I'm not really convinced we'll see any more from them after the album due next month, but I may have said that when the last one was released, too :D

James