Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep9_banner.thumb.jpg.05c1bdd298547fd225896a3d99c9bc17.jpg

Hi guys,

I've literally just signed up so I'm totally new here and excited to learn from all you professional astromaster... 

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post so I do apologise if not... 

I'm after a skywatcher eq3 pro goto mount for my celestron astromaster 130eq every website i go on they are out of stock and not available for a couple of months 🙄 does anybody know a stockist that has these in stock? I've only been in the astrophotography hobby 4 weeks so I've got lots to learn... 

Thank you for your help 

Hi Batesy82,

Welcome to the forum !
I'm afraid I don't know if anyone has them in stock.

Astro retailers often do not keep many large items (like mounts) in stock and they are often shipped direct from the manufacturer/ distributers warehouse. I believe the Skywatcher warehouse is pretty empty at the moment (due to increased demand and shipping problems due to COVID) 

If you find the eq3 it would be best to phone the dealer direct and check they do actually have one in stock.

Best of Luck,

Eddie   

Have you considered getting the manual mount and the goto upgrade separately as it gives you a bit more flexibility.

Seen a few on Bristol cameras and rother Valley website if it helps you

Edited by LeeHore7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NallyFace
      Hello,
      Is anyone on here signed up for the SkySafari and SynScan beta testing to natively support IOS? If so how has it been going?
      https://support.simulationcurriculum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360043282514-Beta-Testing-SkySafari-6-iOS-Only-SynScan-WiFi-Read-This-To-Participate-?page=2#community_comment_360012192693
      Its 2020.

• By MountainDog
      I have recently purchased a Celestron NXT130 and have the following questions regarding planet viewing. I have obseved the moon, Jupiter and Saturn using the 25mm lens ( with and without the Barlow) with good results. However, when I switch from the 25mm to the 9mm lens (with or without the Barlow), I either can no longer see the planet (Jupiter and Saturn) or cannot properly focus (moon). I can understand that the moon may be too close for the 9mm to be effective, but I am a bit stumped about the other planets.
      Looking for advice.
    • By GavinC
      I thought the recent email exchange between Skywatcher support and myself might be of interest, as there appears little information available on this feature.
      ===========================================
      Hi Gavin,
      Regarding "Alignment Sharing", please see the description below.
      ## Alignment Sharing
      Alignment data is stored in each individual app instance. This means if you performed alignment using one app instance, only it will have the newly created alignment data. If another app instance connects to the same mount, it will not have access to the new alignment data.
      The alignment sharing feature (**Utility > Alignment Sharing**) allows one app instance to send a copy of alignment data to another app instance. For it to work, the devices running the app instances must be on the same local area network (eg connect to the same Wi-Fi network). The sending instance turns on **Share my alignment**, while the receiving instance turns off this option. The receiving instance should then see the shared alignment data appear in a list. Loading alignment data overwrites the previous alignment data.

You can use the Alignment Sharing to transfer the alignment data to another device after completing a Star Alignment. For example, you have done and successfully complete 2-Star alignment with your smartphone and then you can use the Alignment Sharing function to share the alignment data to the SynScan Pro App Windows program which is running on your PC. Then you don't have to do the alignment again to control the same AZ GOTO mount with the Windows SynScan App because it has the same alignment result as your smartphone has.
      If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know.
      Thank you.
      SynScan App Team

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 1:22 AM Gavin Cox wrote:
      Hello,
      I have just seen you have updated the Synscan app firmware to 1.19.  I have this installed on a Win PC and Android phone and use it to control a AZ GOTO mount running the latest firmware using the Synscan Wifi Dongle.
      There looks to be some new functionality under the utility menu called 'alignment sharing', but I can't find any documentation in the help files on this?
      Please can you detail how it can be used?  If both my phone and PC are connected to the SynScan WiFi hotspot and I perform an alignment on my phone will the app on the PC recognise this too (or vice versa)?
      Thank you,
      Gavin
    • By Arshad Wali Muhammad
      When I align my Celestron CPC 1100 EdgeHD through Starsense Auto Allignment, after Completing the successful plates resolve in the handset, you have to press enter to continue to the second stage of selecting a bright star to point scope towards it, which I used to do in the past. Today after successful plate resolve, when I tried to press enter it takes you back to the first screen “Star Sense Ready” instead of selecting the brightest star option. Can anyone help and advise where am I making mistake ?
    • By Arshad Wali Muhammad
      Hi. I’ve Celestron cpc 1100 EdgeHD. When I try to allign the scope through skyportal via WiFi module, after completing the plate solving process, it asks me to select one brightest star and press go-to option to move the scope towards that star for example Vega. In skyportal it stops at an exact Vega location, however in eyepiece I can’t see it. I know I have to fine allign, so when I manually fine allign the scope in the eyepiece, the cross mark in the skyportal moves far away from Vega and then refuses to allign because it has to be Certain degree close to Vega. Can anyone advise how to fix it ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.