SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Canon deal seems too good to be true

Hi all.   I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this link.  I am looking to buy some canon 15x50 is and the best price anywhere is £899.  I can get 7% discount from Curry's PCWorld through my works perks and that's what I was planning to do.  However I've just seen this!  Has anyone heard of this website?  It looks too good to be true?  Is there something dodgy going on here?   Or should I snap them up?  (as soon as I have the money together)....it makes me suspicious as the price is too good to be true...........https://www.onbuy.com/gb/canon-15x50-is-binoculars~c3264~p19768391/?exta=gshp&stat=eyJpcCI6Ijc0OS45OSIsImRwIjpudWxsLCJsaWQiOm51bGwsInMiOm51bGwsInQiOjE1OTEzNTMxMzIsImJtYyI6MH0=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwoub3BRC6ARIsABGhnyYoB6QJ0anO-EEYG7vVJ-IeJ4YWsuLQxZsxHJ0nmazD0-wTJJaVwT8aAmzREALw_wcB&exta=sdgl&irgwc=1

Thanks Guys

Dave

I tend to follow the adage 'If its too good to be true, it probably is!!'

Checking Google shows mixed reviews. Doesn't look they are a direct seller either after reading some reviews! 

Caveat Emptor seems to apply here!!

• Like 1

I’ve never seen that site. It looks like an eBay type site but the seller has good reviews and your purchase will be protected by PayPal. It’s a great discount but not too over the top to be dodgy.....I’d go for it 

• Like 1

I don’t think it’s a scam. You’ll get your binoculars and they’ll probably be ok but it’ll be an almighty pain if they arrive and there is some sort of problem. If they were 500 quid I’d be tempted, but at 750 the saving doesn’t justify the risk. An extra 80 quid isn’t a lot extra to pay to have the peace of mind that comes with a big retailer’s return policy.

They’re great binoculars btw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevS said:

Seems a bit dodgy, managed to pull this from the interweb.

ALCHEMIZ LIMITED (DBA "Hashtechguy"), Room 22, Flat A, 14/F, Wing Cheung Industrial Building, 58-70 Kwai Cheong Road, Kwai Chung, N.T., Hong Kong // Please note that this is only for administrative and marketing purposes only. No requests for information about our products or your order will be processed. *Also please note that the above address does not accept any return of goods*//

You may find yourself with a VAT/Import duty demand. edit... No listing at Companies House within UK.

Cheers, it's such a lot of money I'll not chance it. Also Curry's/PC World is literally a stones throw from me should I have any problems!  (I'd prefer to buy from a proper astro or photo shop but 7% off is 7% off, plus the convenience.)

1 hour ago, ChrisD said:

I don’t think it’s a scam. You’ll get your binoculars and they’ll probably be ok but it’ll be an almighty pain if they arrive and there is some sort of problem. If they were 500 quid I’d be tempted, but at 750 the saving doesn’t justify the risk. An extra 80 quid isn’t a lot extra to pay to have the peace of mind that comes with a big retailer’s return policy.

They’re great binoculars btw.

Yes you're right I wont risk it.  Also, there's a proper camera dealer selling some used "good condition"  18x50 IS at £650.  That's very tempting but would I always wonder if I should've just spent the extra for the 15x50?  Dilemma's.....

Edited by davekelley
typo

I ordered from onbuy once. Waited a long time with no delivery before making enquiries. They said the item was posted but could not provide tracking. I requested a refund which was duly paid.

Probably wouldn't bother again!

Edited by parallaxerr
  • Like 1