Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Guided Images

astro_john_palmer

17 hours ago, knobby said:

Doing well then 👍

Just looking at your list of gear, I have questions... do you mount your C8 and imaging gear on the Rowan HEQ5? How heavy is that setup and does the HEQ5 deal with it? My Gear is pretty much bang on 11kg which is the limit for imaging listed for the mount.

Also, what Filters do you have for the 1600? are they the 1.25 mounted? or one of the unmounted options? I'm considering a new mount and a 1600 set for later this year.

All my imaging so far is with the 72ed on an AZ-GTi but the C8 will be having a crack on the HEQ5 soon. It's my second one as the first tracked well but intermittently had a wobble so went back for exchange. Haven't tried the replacement yet as cloudy since it arrived.

1.25 " ZWO filters mounted LRGB and Ha Oiii and Sii

5 hours ago, knobby said:

All my imaging so far is with the 72ed on an AZ-GTi but the C8 will be having a crack on the HEQ5 soon. It's my second one as the first tracked well but intermittently had a wobble so went back for exchange. Haven't tried the replacement yet as cloudy since it arrived.

1.25 " ZWO filters mounted LRGB and Ha Oiii and Sii

do you get much vignetting from the 1.25"?