Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

sun 23/6/20

simmo39

This is just an experiment with some data i took on the 23 of this month ( third go at solar ) After getting a few welcome tips from the many people on this forum this is the result. I know the framing could be better but at the time I was messing about trying the tuning knob on the Solar scout to see what it did and I was fighting my motor focuser ( hopefully to be put right with help from a kind member who is trying to sort out a 3d print for me ). Anyway 75% of a 1000 frames. Still needs work and skills to be learnt!  

50049920108_86848b6184_b.jpg

Thanks for looking and any hints and tips welcome.

• Like 4

Experiment to your heart's content. Failure is the quickest route to personal progress. Ask me how I know? ;)

There are as many opinions on what works as there are imagers. Endless practice is 90% of learning any new skill.
The child prodigy rarely became sensationally good at anything after only a week of practice. Particularly in sky diving.

Remember that there are no rules set in stone.

But:

Go easy on the sharpening in processing.

I'd considerably reduce your percentage of stacked frames.
Try 25%, or any other lower figure, just to see how it works for you.

Generally speaking:

The more frames you try to capture the greater the risk of movement and the tracking being off.
Thermal agitation, clouds, wind on the telescope and even the sun itself all combine to cause sleepless nights.

It greatly depends on the speed of your camera. The longer your capture takes the greater the risk of movement.

The more frames you stack the more diluted your results are likely to be from poor to average frames.

After trying everything in the way of different numbers I have settled on 75 stacked from 500 frames in AS!3.

Followed by the gentlest massage in ImPPG. I quite often just Open in ImPPG and then Save the image using the default settings.

• Like 1