Powermate and UV filter for Venus

I would like to try to photograph Venus this summer with my Skywatcher 200PDS with a Powermate 5X.  I already have an IR-pass filter and I plan to buy an UV filter to get a false colour image. I have 2 cameras in my disposal. A ZWO ASI 120 MM-S and an ZWO ASI 224 MC. My idea is to use the first camera with the UV filter and the 2nd with the IR filter based on sensor sensitivities. Will this work, or the Powermate will absorb the UV? Thank you.

Hi, not sure but to capture the pure UV with the 224c would you need the clear window fitted in place of the ir cut filter? just asking as I have the same thought about using the 224c and a telextender x 5 which is similar to the powermate I think? unless the powermate have a special coating a I don't think the UV will be absorbed but it's a question I would also like an answer to from the folks on here who have has experience with it? ton 

Tecnosky 80 EDT, 8" ARX200 newt, 8" Meade SCT UTC, 8" 80mm custom triplet. omegon f4.7 8" newt,  orion GX200 F5, opticstar ds616cxl+, SX TRIUS 825 mono + Lodestar X2 mono and OAG, SX FW, OPTICSTAR PX75C, Altair hypercam 224c clear window, 290c cam, EQ6 pro on custom pier, meade 1209 focus, EQ5,, canon 300d, zwo 120mm, opticstar ds145c,  vixen 103s, 127 mak, orion mini guider , roll off obs

Edited by ebdons

Good point. Actually, I am now thinking to capture UV with the 120MM, since it seems to have a higher sensitivity in the UV range than the 224MC. I will use the 224MC for the IR. Indeed, any thoughts from the experienced members of the forum would be really helpful and much appreciated :)

• Like 1

Yes, I have the 120mm as well but I use that now as a guider on my eg5 astroeq setup, 224c and 290c are both pretty good at venus I think? Jupiter is coming up higher now so another object to have a stab at. clear skies. ton