SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Registar

Les Tilly

well after Pete/Billy posted on the forum about registar I had to go check it out and have to say within 5 minutes of playing with it I had to have it just to combine my HA and rgb images takes alot of time off the manual aligning

here is a couple of samples I did

large.jpg

large.jpg

it is an awesome awesome package, thats for sure, just wish there was a fan version out there or that DSS would incorporate the features!!

Lovely pics Les, specially like the Flaming star.

Its $125US I think which is quite pricey.

Shame.

As I have said before can spend £100's if not £1000's on scopes and camera but dont spend the money on the software to process the data to produce the best possible results ..... hmmmm....

Billy...

I paid $147 but processing is a big part of imaging and it helps a great deal

Ok will try and explain what I did I have an RGB image and the HA image in registar I split the rgb into blue green and red then registerd the blue green and HaR then merged the Blue green and HAR then moved the image into Photoshop duplicated it applied dust and scratches added the dust and scraches layer to the other then moved opacity levels to my likeing and that was it still playing around with registar

LES

post-15556-133877352834_thumb.jpg

It's definetly worth the £££. The other program I have used lately on 30 day trial was Pixinsight. The free version is excellent, but the full version is something else. If I was trying to sell prints, I'd get Pixinsight.

Yep Almost instant Email response to the payment sending you a license key. The license key is tied to a particular machine at "activation time" you can request additional keys for say your "Observatory" computer but its at their discretion.

Funnily enough TJ the full version of Pixinsight is also on the shopping list... need to sell some stuff first though (or stop buying for a few weeks)

Billy...

Ah!, It's a download, now why couldn't I have seen that. Little or no chance of HM Gov. getting grubby mitts on the coinage then.

Your Images certainly give testement to the capability of the software Les.

Thanks. :thumbright:

Ron.

It's definetly worth the £££. The other program I have used lately on 30 day trial was Pixinsight. The free version is excellent, but the full version is something else. If I was trying to sell prints, I'd get Pixinsight.

I looked it over and it seams right up there but I can't use my yahoo email address to get the download as they have a problem with yahoo so will wait and see if the resolve the problem

Thanks

Les

I looked it over and it seams right up there but I can't use my yahoo email address to get the download as they have a problem with yahoo so will wait and see if the resolve the problem

Thanks

Les

Do you mean they are having a problem with Yahoo in General Les, or just with your Yahoo account. I am with BT Yahoo myself, so If I wished to download, I couldn't perhaps.?

Ron.

in the download for pixinsight it has a paragraph on yahoo mail stopping pixinsight from sending downloads but if you have another account with another provider just give them that email address

Registar downloaded the key to yahoo with no problems

regards Les

in the download for pixinsight it has a paragraph on yahoo mail stopping pixinsight from sending downloads but if you have another account with another provider just give them that email address

Registar downloaded the key to yahoo with no problems

regards Les

Cheers Les. :thumbright:

I thought I would leave a post on what I did to add my Halpha data into my rgb data

First I process my rgb image to my liking or the best that I can do as in the first image.

I now move my Ha alpha image into registar and click on the split by channels button, I then delete the blue, and the green channel, only leaving the red channel, I can then move the Ha red channel back into photoshop and adjudt to my taste.

I then move the ha red channel back into registar, also the RGB image, I then split the rgb channels and save only the red channel, then combine the RGB red into the Ha red.

I then bring back the RGB image and split again this time delete the red from the RGB and merge the HA red into the RGB green and blue and thats it folks Back into photoshop for tweaking.

I hope you can understand this as my typing skills are BAD :hello2:

First is the RGB image, then the HA and then the HARGB

post-15556-133877352968_thumb.jpg

post-15556-133877352976_thumb.jpg

post-15556-133877352982_thumb.jpg

I'm wondering what Registar might have to offer beyond what I can do with Maxim. Ditto for CCD stack. Maxim will do an auto star align which copes well with rotaion. You combine the individual channels then align the combined images to create an LRGB. IT will then do the LRGB combine although I do this in PS. It's easy working in individual channels in PS so no problem combining the Ha and red channels. I'm very interested in Registar and CCD stack but haven't got my head round what it has to offer.

Archived