Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

A couple of shots from (a very warm) last night on the smartphone.

Saturn and Jupiter and 3 of its moons

Skywatcher 130/650 reflector, 20mm EY, Celestron Smartphone mount, Motorola Moto G6 phone.

IMG_20200625_003906472.jpg

IMG_20200625_002838003.jpg

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By A_D05
      So I am fairly new to the hobby, what I mean is I have a Celestron Astromaster 114 right now but its hard to use because of the non computerized equatorial mount as well as the red dot sight is bad. I am mainly interested in looking at DSO’s because they seem very interesting. My question is should i get a refractor or sct for observing dso’s and sometimes planets? I want a computerized one with tracking so I don’t have to take a long time finding nebulae and galaxies. Also, is there a certain type of filter to see color on nebula when not using eaa and just viewing with your eyes? I am looking to spend between $600-900
      thanks, 
      drew
    • By harry_tarrant
      Hello, 
      I'm new to astronomy and have recently brought a low budget telescope (about £60). I've been out a few time to view Mars and the moon. 
      Obviously I can view the moon clearly and with great detail but when I go to view Mars all I can see is a bright circle. 
      I'm not sure if I'm being daft or what, but I can't find anywhere online that has an answer to this. 
      Details about my telescope are: 
      It's a reflector telescope 
      Model 76700
      Diam: 76mm
      Focal length: 700mm
    • By alex_stars
      Dear esteemed Stargazers,
      I would like to ask for some recommendations for an eyepiece I look for. First off, I have a 7" Mak with 2700 mm focal length. So I figure, a 12.5 (or 12.0) mm EP should be very nice to start viewing planets (my main interest) on good nights. This would result in 0.83 (0.8) mm exit pupil and 216x (225x) magnification. So far so good and I really would like to add some fixed focal length EPs to my collection as I only own 8-24 mm zoom.
      The conundrum starts with the choice of EP design and three choices I face
      shall I go old school style and buy a 12.5 mm orthoscopic EP (Takahashi or Masuyama)? or shall I  buy a more modern design with more eye relief and go for a 12 mm Vixen SLV? or do I completely miss an eyepiece and should go for that? Thus I thought I tap into the collective wisdom of the community and ask for advice.
      Clear skies,
      Alex
    • By Naveen
      Hi all - looking for some
      advice on eyepieces. I have seen beautiful views of Jupiter with its moons and Saturn and of course the moon. I have two extra 32mm and 10mm plossls but am looking for better lenses for planets which will show more detail? Which ones would you suggest? Many thanks in advance!
    • By Kate_C
      Stargazers Lounge community,
      The sci-fi novel I wrote takes place in a binary star system and I'm attempting to fact check before handing over to my agent. From what I gather, there are S-type, P-type & T-type systems, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the orbital possibilities. Hoping someone's expertise can help! Would it be theoretically possible to have a planet in a binary star system where there is a daily "pre-sunrise" and a "pre (or post) sunset" due to the dimmer star? And could there be daily syzygy with the stars or might it need to be less frequent? If anyone can advise or has any suggestions, it would be so appreciated! Thank you!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.