Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can the finder of the 130pds be used as guider?

56 minutes ago, carastro said:

It's too small. needs replacing with a 9 x 50 finder which fits in the same slot.  That's what i used to use when I had a 130PDS.

Carole 

More spending....... :((

thanks

15 hours ago, fozzybear said:

+ an adaptor for the finderscope  if going skywatcher 50mm finder conversion to attach the camera, see

Another 30 pounds plus the finder?

ih my god!

whTs  the cheapest option To have a guider ? I have a zwo 120 ( no mini)

any guider can be attached directly the cam????

3 hours ago, FMA said:

Another 30 pounds plus the finder?

ih my god!

whTs  the cheapest option To have a guider ? I have a zwo 120 ( no mini)

any guider can be attached directly the cam????

I'm about to buy the 150pds which come with the same 6x30, I actually just found your post because I was looking for the same. After some research I can't find many cheap options, the cheapest I think it wold be the Astro Essentials 32mm f/4 Mini Guide Scope at 55£ and shouldn't need adapters as the focus range is quite large, come already with a skywatcher mounting, but it's 128mm FL and small diameter. Next best option, if weight it's not a problem, it might be a Startravel 80 but you need to find the way to attach it and just the ota costs about 90£, the Sky-Watcher EvoGuide 50ED Guidescope it's very nice, and expensive, 200£. But as I said, I'm not an expert, I just happen to be searching for the same thing for a few days now.

8 minutes ago, GiovanniF said:

Astro Essentials 32mm f/4 Mini Guide Scope at 55£

this is the cheapest option  otherwise a 2nd hand 50mm SW finderscope then adaptor to modify it. The 50mm finders do come up now and then