Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with pier adaptor for eq6 R Pro

Glennbloke

Hi,

I am hoping somebody may be able to help me. I am building a pier for a new mount I have on order (still awaiting arrival)

Its for an EQ6 R Pro. I bought a pier adaptor from Altair Astro and I think I know which way up it goes but really want to confirm this before I set it into concrete. As with most Astro gear it came with no paperwork or directions and the adaptor is for numerous mounts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had asked on the Altair page but no one has responded frown.gif

IMG_0509.JPG

There are 4 countersunk holes for mounting the plate. My plan is to drill holes through the metal plate I have below and dropping from that will be 4 M10 threaded studs that will set into concrete. I then have 4 M10-M8 adapters that are 40mm high that the adaptor plate will screw down to leaving a large enough gap to get to the centre screw to tighten down the mount. I just want to try and confirm which of the holes is the correct one for the Az pin for the EQ6 R Pro. Once its in I can't really change it (not easily) anyways but once i confirm correct hole and I am assuming its the larger of the 2 together at top of image I can set that at North.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2020 at 19:06, Glennbloke said:

I just want to try and confirm which of the holes is the correct one for the Az pin for the EQ6 R Pro

Just unscrew the az pin from your tripod, and do a dry run. The single larger hole at the top should be the one.