stargazine_ep34_banner.thumb.jpg.28dd32d9305c7de9b6591e6bf6600b27.jpg

Replacement Flashlight Bulb For Celestron Power Tank

Hi, i need a replacement 12V 0.5A krypton bulb for the flash light on a celestron power tank.

I have tryed maplin but they do not keep them.

Does anybody know where i can get one?

Thanks Dean

• Like 1

0.7A but look ok?

http://www.brewstersbatteries.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_63&products_id=313

No idea about these:

msxZ20081213?IMSfp=TL0812131210003r695" class="bbc_link new_win" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DeWALT-285704-00-DE9043-BULBS-(DW904-DW906-DW918-DW915)_W0QQitemZ400017153583QQcmdZViewItemQQi msxZ20081213?IMSfp=TL0812131210003r695

http://www.healystool.co.uk/catalog/torch-bulbs/bosch/bosch-12v144v-torch-bulb-2609200306-p-644.html

Contact Elestron and ask where the hell they got them from, coz im stumped. Even RS Components dont have them! And Farnell is a PITA to even tr and find anything.

Best I can do and ive been searching for about 45 minutes.

• 1 year later...

Me too - mine went pop in the Lakes on a very dewey night - and one of the ciggy sockets doesn't work any more - crazy that these things ain't dew proofed.

Keep us posted please :D

Response from Celestron ..

Please fax us a legible copy of your proof of purchase along with this request, model name and number, name, address, phone:

FAX 310-533-0253

and we will replace it.

Clear skies,

Celestron Technical Support

*Sigh*

I have ordered a 12v 0.7A bulb, as above, from Brewsters...see if they work...

Dave

Edited by Totnesdave
  • Like 1

LOL - yupo - what I expected. I have tried everwhere to get these - RS, Farnell(CPC), Maplins, Toys R Us, every local hardware store, online and cant get them. The bulbs in the Maplin power tank are the same - weird size and voltage and no one has them either GRRRRRRRR.

Edited by Astro_Baby

Yup, I can confirm that the 12V 0.7A krypton bulbs from Brewsters Batteries as flagged up by PhillyDee :

PUSH IN KRYPTON BULB. 12V 0.7A : Brewsters Ltd

do indeed appear to be compatible with the Power Tank 'red' torch, they fit perfectly and work fine, it's sat next to me now, redlighting away ;)

I think they may be a bit brighter than the original, :D but that red cap probably requires extra shading down anyhow

Where the original ones came from, I still have no idea, same place as Kryptonite I think :D

Dave

Edited by Totnesdave
  • 5 weeks later...

Hmm this bulb (the 0.7A) quietly burnt out in my Power Tank last night, blackening, distorting and part melting the rear reflector, I think I may just leave the 'top' light non functional and bulb-less, shame as its more useful at times than the main beam 'super trooper', but in any case, my main purpose for the Tank was as a PSU ;)

Not sure if it was the bulbs rating or that, frankly, the bulb contact fitting design is absolutely terrible, it pops in and out of contact when moved.

Just a heads up and word of warning !

cheers

Dave

Edited by Totnesdave

Just a thought but has anyone taken one of these bulbs to a car parts place? My local one does all sorts of bulbs. I've jotted the spec down and will call him tomorrow and find out if its something he might have, is it a bayonet fit? If so what diameter is the push in bit?

Been everywhere to try and get one but cant find a replacement myself - was going to order one from the link above but as thats burnt out I am going to just leave it.

The Maplins powertanks have the same issues - use a stupid bulb size that yu cant find spares for.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...