HEQ5 Mount Head

1.75" Stainless Steel Tripod

2x 5kg Counterweights

SynScan Handset & Cable

12v Cigarette DC Power Cable

Vixen-Style Medium Dovetail Bar

Price £690 - buyer collects Hampshire

Edited by SimM
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Astrofriend
      Last night I could do my first test with a Raspberry controlled HEQ5 mount. Worked much better now compare with all problem I had one year ago. I succeeded to: Plate solve, auto focus, take images. What's left to fix, auto guiding, GPS module to communicate.

Tonight it looks to be a clear night too. I will do a new test run, concentrate me on the auto guider, now in the beginning I use the internal guider, later maybe I change over to PHD2. Very exiting.

My setup of HEQ5 and a 300 mm Pentax 645 lens:
      http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/projects/project-heq5/01-heq5.html

/Lars
    • By benzomobile
      Hi to all.
      The most popular mounts - even those that are included in  the small-medium range group, do drive the axes rotation  via worm wheel coupling . 
      This one are plagued by the drawback that I have always considered very unpleasant: the mechanical play  is not properly controlled and it can’t be always limited within acceptable tolerance limits.
      The adjustment of  Back Lash (BL) is entrusted to two screws (more often they are grains) usually positioned at 180 ° from each other. However - as we all know, even a wheel very slight eccentric creates
      an inconstancy of contact with the worm: when the play is adjusted for an initial position of the axis, it is not in other positions. 
      In other words, there are positions where the worm rotates with adequate friction, others in which the same friction can increase significantly, and still others where it is so reduced to the point 
      that it causes excessive play. 
      So, the tuning screws are  sometimes  too tight and sometimes too loose … mission impossible to find the right compromise! 
      This behavior is already annoying in manual movement because  the task of pointing at an object  in a steady way  is not feasible because it ever  'jumps'. 
      In photography it's even worse. 
      Not only does an unavoidable backlash often  appears in Dec – and it is very badly correctable also by the autoguider software, but- and it is dirty worse, the tracking in RA does not perform evenly 
      and smoothly.  The typical ‘micro’ irregularities in  star images is what we see in our shots. 
      Many high range mounts adopt different methods to contain lashes, and the best ones adopt mechanical systems with which that error is reduced to zero. 
      With this long introduction, I will tell you what very simple modification I thought of making on my HEQ5.
      Please, stay tuned 🙂
      Beppe

• By JenP04
      Hi, 
      Please forgive me in advance for my newbie and potentially frustrating question here! 
      I have got an HEQ5 mount for my skymax 180 that I was given for Christmas. We have tried following many YouTube videos and reading what we can to get this set up and polar aligned and feel like we are missing something fundamental as when we go to then star align with the GOTO remote, it points at the floor instead of the moon or the star we are trying to align to. So far we have used 5 freezing nights of trying to do these things to no avail and it is rather frustrating and extremely disappointing!
      So I am wondering please, what is the best way for me to actually set this thing up so we can finally enjoy using the scope? Do I need to have Home position sorted before I've aligned so once we have (hopefully) done that then we can navigate everything easier? Is that potentially what we are missing? 
      With lockdown i dont have a handy shop to visit or anyone else that knows how to do this and while I am sure patience is a virtue, I feel so overwhelmed by it all! Any advice or recommendations on what to watch or do to help us are gratefully received!
      Again, I am sorry for being such a newb, I am hopeful once we crack this it will become second nature over time! Thank you!

• By Astropedro
      Looking to buy either an NEQ6 or a HEQ5 mount.  Im in Cheshire but dont mind paying for delivery/postage.  Would consider a good imaging scope or setup too.

Thanks.

Pete
    • By AstroRuz
      For sale is my beloved but now superfluous to requirements HEQ5 Pro for £650
      It's in a used condition as you would imagine. I've had it for about 4 years and found great success with this mount. Ideal for those beginning astrophotography and also good for visual users.
      I'm calling it "deluxe" due to the upgrades I've had done.
      - It's belt modified
      - It's had brand new bearings and grease
      - The backlash has been expertly setup 
      - It has the latest polar scope
      - The power port has been replaced with an aviation style port which is a lot more secure
      It'll come with the hand controller and at least 1 counterweight (if I can find the second it'll come with both). The polar scope cover has been lost. The counterweight is rusty as always. There is some marring on the counterweight bar housing as shown in the photos.
      It also will come with the modified power cable required also.
      Note: the power LED sometimes doesn't illuminate but the mount is still powered (please see the photo with the hand controller).
      Collection or local delivery within Northampton

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.