SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SolarQuest Mount Review

NiCo10

Hi Folks, 

I finally made the leap and purchased the Sky-Watcher SolarQuest Mount from FLO. I was a little sceptical about a perceived "one trick pony" but it does it well. and is such a simple set-up. I've not seen an awful lot of information on these so though I would share my initial thoughts and an unboxing video in the link below.

Tracks the sun for hours and stays in the centre of view the whole time. The 8 way slider is for fine adjustment if required with quite a slow slew rate. It takes 8 x  AA batteries which I was a little nervous about how long they would last but as its only making slight adjustments, seem to be lasting although there is the option of a 12v external supply.

It's a very compact set up for storage and travel and a cinch to set up. Place on level ground using the built in bubble and turn on. Its surprisingly quick to level, get a GPS fix and track, tracks through the thinner clouds and if you do get thicker clouds you get a warning LED light up. Simplicity is genius.

I know my setup might look like a cardboard box painted back inside ( I call it the command centre) but hey, it works.

Happy for any questions you have.

20200531_112257 (1).jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1