Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New to Astronomy and completely confused!

Hi, Ive been using a pair of binoculars to look at the moon etc for the past few months, but now i feel its time that i step up and purchase a Telescope.

I have been hunting around and everytime i think ive found the right one i find something else.

I dont want a huge expensive telescope but i dont want to get one that is cheap and worthless.I want to be able to see the moon in detail and the planets (im desperate to see Saturn!)i would also like to see other amazing deep space objects like galaxies etc.

I have had my eye on the Sky-Watcher 130PMCelestron Astromaster 130EQ-MDSky watcher explorer newtonian OTA

which do you think would be best?

sorry for blabbing and sorry if ive made no sense!! :wave:

Hi there,

The Sky-Watcher 130PM is a good scope to start out with - a proper scope and definately not a toy !.

I would also follow the advice Mike has given and give First Light Optics a ring and have a chat to them - very friendly people and not at all pushy.

John

Archived