Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY10 - Camera not seen by capture software

FZ1

Hi,

Sorry for the numpty question,but here goes!

I need to check-out a QHY10 to make sure that I can do things like set the binning, set the sensor cooling temp, etc.  I don't need to do any more at present.

I have installed the drivers (Win10) from QHY, but I can't get to "talk" to the camera (it shows in a group named  "Astroimaging Equipment" in the Windows Device Manager).  I've tried installing Smartcap, and ATP, but none of them "see" the camera.(the QHY EZCap doesn't support the QHY10)

Any ideas as to how I can do a quick check on the camera?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Thanks Peter, my mistake - I misread the manual.  I did Try EZcap (before I misread the manual!) and the camera wasn't recognised using that software either. 

I'll try it on another PC 

Yes, I've got the original Power supply plugged in

Thanks again,

Jon

Edited by FZ1

Tried it on another PC, still no joy.  EZcap Camera drop-down only has "Scan Camera" as an option.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks,

Jon

Snip.jpg

Hi I used to have this cam and I had the same issue as I could never get the cam to connect to ezcap, so I had to set it up gain/offset etc with stark labs, but there maybe a freeware program out there? all my drivers were installed and correct as stark labs found the cam and the cam was listed on the task manager screen. make sure you follow the driver install correctly and I also found that restarting the pc solved a lot of issues with drivers and checking the leads, mainly the lead with the ferrite block is the right way round, hope this helps. tony

Thanks Tony.

I've just installed NINA and that has picked it up with no problems.  Not sure why this software works but not the others?

Jon