SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ASCOM driver Raspberry Pi HQ camera

RobRob

I recently developed an ASCOM driver for the €60 new 12 Mpixel HQ camera sensor for the Raspberry Pi. With this driver the sensor can be used using software like Sequence Generator Pro. The software (with instructions in the enclosed readme file) is downloadable via https://www.musquetier.nl/downloads/RPiCameraV3_Setup.exe but will soon also be available via the ASCOM website.

Edited by RobRob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, RobRob said:

I recently developed an ASCOM driver for the €60 new 12 Mpixel HQ camera sensor for the Raspberry Pi. With this driver the sensor can be used using software like Sequence Generator Pro. The software (with instructions in the enclosed readme file) is downloadable via https://www.musquetier.nl/downloads/RPiCameraV3_Setup.exe but will soon also be avaialbe via the ASCOM website.

Any chance of an INdI driver for it... 👍

I decided not to use Alpaca. I built a restful API using a php script (included in the readme file) which runs on the RPi (using apache and php). The driver interfaces with this script to initiate the image capturing and grab the image from the Windows machine and offer it to the client application.

Edited by RobRob
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

The 1.7.2 version available via the ASCOM site for download now also works with NINA (there was something missing in the installation instructions and the debug window was causing a freeze, these issues are now resolved).

• 2 weeks later...