Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Posted (edited)

I've just managed to get hold of an AsiAir Pro.  First impressions are just spot on.  I had a little concern when it arrived as I wasn't sure if it would handle a USB hub.  Much to my surprise it did!  I connected the following to make sure

ZWO178mm Main Camera at present
ZWO120mm Mini Guide Scope
ZWO EAF
ZWO EFW Mini Filter Wheel 
SkyWatcher EQ 35 Pro via USD with Direct PC Connect option using the EQMount INDI driver

Powered EQ Mount, EAR via AsiAir Pro

All connected successfully.  Will keep updating as I start to use 🙂

Edited by vindubs

Woo! I got one of these this week as well! It’s looking super pretty - I’m gonna add it to the setup shortly

1 hour ago, 6footgeek said:

Woo! I got one of these this week as well! It’s looking super pretty - I’m gonna add it to the setup shortly

I've just added an Android emulator on my Mac as well and it runs just as good.  So can use on a PC as well..  Awesome bit of kit.  I've used StellaMate and Astroberry both are great as well, but this seems much more simple to use.

• Thanks 1

Oh awesome that’s a great idea - I’ll check that out thanks! Of course it’s either been storms or mad heat at night so I have t actually tested it out in anger but it recognised everything absolutely fine and I’m sold! Now time to get a new cooler zwo camera methinks ;)

Sounds like a plan on the ZWO cooled.

Had mine for a few months now and it's a game changer for me. Auto focus and recording video are being tested currently.

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

Had mine for a few months now and it's a game changer for me. Auto focus and recording video are being tested currently.

You are testing "Auto focus" with the ASIAIR PRO and ZWO EAF ?? that is a future I miss on ASIAIR PRO, would be great if you could give update how Auto focus with ASIAIR + ZWO EAF works & when the release will be available ?

Cheers

Martin

No, I'm not testing it. I know a few that are. It will be on the next release.

• Thanks 1

Ohh OK, so others are testing.. good to know also..😃 that tests are done to introduce the Auto focus within ASIAIR + ZWO EAF

All the best and thank you

Martin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By keramos
      Hello Everyone,
      I'm using ASIAIR pro with Nikon D3300 DLSR, everything seems fine no majors issues expect operator error at this point 😂
      Only question is, why do I only see ISO 100, 200, 400, 800 available in ASIAIR pro (see screen shot)? Does the app limit the ISO because I shouldn't need more than ISO 800 or is there is glitch? Does the DSLR need to be set to a particular setting before connecting to ASIAIR pro? I've asked ZWO the question on their forum, all they said install Beta v1.5 and send log file...done the needful don't see any change in ISO selection and don't know who to transfer the log file.
      I wondered if anyone using ASIAIR pro and DLSR has come across something similar.
      ps: Nikon D3300 is one of their tested cameras with ASIAIR Pro (as listed on their website).

• By khulzad
      Hi all,
      First of all mine english is not so good so sorry for that.
      I am a new to astrophotography. And my setup is
      Mount          : Skywatcher EQM 35 PRO
      Tube             : Skywatcher Explorer 150PDS (newtonian)
      Camera         : Canon 550D
      Guide scope : Svbony 60mm compact guide scope
      Guide cam    : Svbony SV105
      I know my setup is weak and cheap but for now I have them (budged problem  )
      I started the hobby at May and I took some photos that not bad for beggining. I reached 60-90 seconds without guiding.

After that I thought that the time for starting improve the guiding and I bought guiding scope and cam. I know the cam is not for guiding but it was cheap, and I am planing to change it  with mono guide cam (like zwo asi120 mono) at next months.
      But my first experience for PHD2 was terrible.

I've detected some errors and tried to fix them.
      First thing there was a unbalancing. I mounted the guide scope on the position of finder scope which is very close to edge of the main scope.

So I fixed it (after the night I tried to guide with PHD2) and put it on the bracelet (over and middle of the main tube)
      And second thing was that there is a backlash and I tried to fix it too. I opened to gear of dec and adjusted to gear mesh.
      Except them the alignment was not so good because location was in the city (bortle scale 9) and I haven't got finder scope as you know. So I am not sure that if the stars (3 star alignment method) are correct because with nacked eye I could't see them. Next time I will do better alignment with finder for sure.
      After them I am planing to try next weekend again. But before that I need your advises to eliminate the problems which I couldn't detect or I don't how to fix them.
      For example I can not see any pulse for RA on the graph what does it mean and how can I fix it.
      And also I am not sure if there is any problem with ascom. There is no option in the drop list for EQM 35 PRO. So I choose ASCOM.SkyWatcher.Telescope and I downloaded/installed ascom driver from webpage of skywatcher.

Thank you
      PHD2_DebugLog_2020-09-21_100115.txt PHD2_GuideLog_2020-09-21_100115.txt
    • By johnnyvmass
      Question, is my pier out of level if I'm trying to PA (with asiair pro) and both directions are moving when I adjust the alt bolts? I can't get the mount polar aligned.
      Mount neq6 pro
      Pier mounted on a concrete slab
      OTA c8 with .63 reducer
      Camera asi294mc pro
      Zwo OAG
      Thanks in advance
    • By Bob Barker
      Hi,
      I've just got a asiair pro and an asi294 mc -the're brilliant - Well worth the 4 month wait
      However !
      I'm struggling with transfering files from the memory stick to my computer
      Through the app on my android everything works fine - but  on the computer for every fits file I have an associated jpeg thumbnail file which I have to delete one at a time which is a total pain in the neck 
      How can I stop it generating the wretched things ?
      Also deep sky stacker insists on turning the fits files into gray scale - I've tried every combination of Bayer pattern there is rggb grbg etc   - makes no difference 
      They're definitely colour files when I open them in asicap I can see the colours in the nebula
      Hope you can help Bob
    • By KEJ
      Restoring a Backup on a Mac

Something else I came across and a chap called Terry on Facebook had a solution.
      Again, you might already know this, but just in case.

Backup
      You buy a new ASIAIR Pro, you are pretty much advised that one of the first things you should do, is to create a backup of your software(includes your license key) from the supplied SD card.
      And one of the common methods suggested for Mac users is to use the “Apple Pi Baker” program/application.

So, I used the application to create my backup and saved it in a safe place, in fact I made two copies(belt and braces).
      Then, yesterday, I thought I should really try to restore one of these backups to make sure they actually work, else what is the point of having a backup for that rainy day.
      And actually, I will keep the original safe and use my copy going forward.

Restore
      So, I inserted a new blank SD card(Fat32) and started the restore process, letting it run its course.
      Once it had finished, I did a quick eye ball to compare the copy to the original and all the files appeared to be there.

I then plugged the restored SD card back into the ASIAIR Pro, but the device would not start/boot up!
      Just in case, I then reformatted another SD card and tried that one, but still no good.
      I then created another backup from the original SD card(so all in all I had img and zip versions) and tried to restore them, the same result, fail.

On further investigation, it looks like this is fairly common.
       Terry on ASIAIR Facebook group suggested downloading the file from the ZWO website, but then using your own License file.

I then used the ASIAIR PRO link above(from the “How_to_Restore_ASIAIR_OS.pdf” on line doc)  to get the file.
      First, keeping a copy of my zwoair_license safe of course(still on the original SD card).
      The file is pretty large, unzips to about 31 GB and takes a while to download(9GB zipped) even on cable.

I then restored(using Apple Pi Baker) this new downloaded file to my new SD card and once it had completed, I then overwrote(replaced) the 
      existing “zwoair_license” file with my original(my unique supplied copy).
      Next, I then inserted the new copied/restored SD card into the ASIAIR Pro and it started.
      Finally, I then connected via the ASIAIR app using my IPhone and was prompted to update the firmware to the latest version which I did.

Happy Ending
      Bingo all good, the original SD card supplied by ZWO stored in a safe place and I am now using this copy going forward.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.