Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

So glad I bought a new telescope....

OK. Just taken delivery of new RDF and it attached and lined up in about 3min! So it looks like the other one was faulty. Its perfect. Building in distant and in eye piece centred ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜

It is a different looking RDF and needs to be mounted further forward to stop it clipping the screw, but it works great and actually looks better. Better control and movement ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you everyone for your help and advice. I know it's only a RDF but it has been so frustrating trying to view the sky...

IMG_20200625_105818.jpg

IMG_20200625_105834.jpg

IMG_20200625_110148.jpg

IMG_20200625_110259.jpg

IMG_20200625_110314.jpg

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Lockie said:

Excellent, as John says,ย your new RDF is what SW scope usually come with. They should have stuck with it with the Heritage 150p, it is a nicer RDF for sure. ย 

So much better. Couldn't believe it was aligned up in 3mins after how long I spent trying aligning the old one. So pleased. Now to start enjoying the scope ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dannomiss said:

So much better. Couldn't believe it was aligned up in 3mins after how long I spent trying aligning the old one. So pleased. Now to start enjoying the scope ๐Ÿ™‚

Greatย news!

Also good to hear @Lockieย is sorted too!

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Corncrake said:

ย Excellent news !

wishing you many hrs of clear skies

๐Ÿ‘

ย 

ย 

ย 

Thanks so much. happier now that i can navigate the sky without getting stressed out LOL

ย 

Glad to hear the RDF issue is resolved and you were able to align it ok. What I can't get over is the cost of a new 150mm reflector - sub 200 pounds is amazing value, especially when you think how much 6 inch reflectors cost in the past.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter_D said:

150mm reflector - sub 200 pounds is amazing value, especially when you think how much 6 inch reflectors cost in the past.

The optics are pretty good from what I've experienced and read. @Lockie said the mirror itself must be ยฃ200

Another thing that I thought SW had got wrong was the quality of their new-scope starter-kit.
They used to come with a full set of clouds, but yours seemed to have arrived with blue skies .

Then I saw the 4cast for the weekend,,,, ha ! Well, summer was nice last week :)

ย 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Corncrake said:

Another thing that I thought SW had got wrong was the quality of their new-scope starter-kit.
They used to come with a full set of clouds, but yours seemed to have arrived with blue skies .

Then I saw the 4cast for the weekend,,,, ha ! Well, summer was nice last week :)

ย 

My box came with a sticker saying may contain clouds ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peter_D said:

Glad to hear the RDF issue is resolved and you were able to align it ok. What I can't get over is the cost of a new 150mm reflector - sub 200 pounds is amazing value, especially when you think how much 6 inch reflectors cost in the past.

I paid ยฃ190 in 2009 for a brand new150p on an EQ3 from a dealer.ย I look at prices now and wince

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dannomiss said:

Its so much better ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

12 hours ago, John said:

Glad thats sorted for you at last.

The one you now have is how they have looked from Skywatcher for years - the original one looked different.ย 

ย 

The screw heads on the first one looked somewhat chewed up, I thought.๐Ÿ˜•ย  Made the first RDFย fitted to it look 2nd hand.๐Ÿ˜•

Edited by Guest