Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New hobby

Monty69

Evening all, after several months of deliberating I've finally took the plunge and bought my first telescope.

Opted for Skywatcher 200P Dobsonian but not had a chance to use it yet.

Been browsing through SGL forums and finding plenty of good tips and info.

Here's to many clear nights.

• Like 9

Ah, so its your fault its cloudy what with the new scope etc!!! 😉

The new scope curse sucks!! hopefully the clouds will part soon, and you will get out with your 200p!! Welcome to SGL - I'm still pretty new here, but the help and advise is second to none!! Don't forget to let us know how you get on with your scope for the first time!

Nige

Hi Monty, welcome to sgl. I'm also a complete beginner and recently bought the same scope. I've managed to take it out about 5 times and have been really impressed! After struggling for the first couple of session I invested in a telrad, which makes life a lot easier.

Hope you have some clear skies soon.

Dafydd

Hi Monty, 

Great scope shipmate, I’m a newbie too and only had a few clear nights/very early mornings (2am) since I bought my first scope. 
SGL is a great place for help, advice and friendly chit chat. Hope you get a clear night soon. 
Clear Skies 🤞🏻Mick