SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My wife becomes a solar observer

Hughsie

Straight from Bresser in Germany, UPS delivered my new Lunt 60mm Ha scope and as soon as I finished work an hour ago I was outside to give it a run.

Instructions were read, scope mounted on the SolarQuest, it circled around to the Sun, adjusts altitude and into view in the 25mm eyepiece comes a delightful red ball.

Ok thinks me, let’s get somewhere near focus and adjust that pressure tuner. Slowly slowly I turn the tuner whilst looking for those details to pop into view. Turn a little bit more, then some more trying to eek out some activity. More turning and the tuner is getting tighter now. Mrs H pops into the garden watching me watching the Sun. 

Still I’m looking through the eyepiece grumbling to her that there must be something wrong as no detail is appearing and then she said it.....

”You do know it just clouded over don’t you”.

And that my friends is when my wife became a solar observer and a damn better one than me!

Edited by Hughsie
  • Like 5
  • Haha 6

Mine took 4 weeks to arrive but glad we got there in the end. I do plan to use it for imaging with the Zwo ASI174mm and will also see what I can get details wise combined with a 2.5x powermate for that extra magnification.