SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mak autofocuser WIP

bottletopburly

Finally got round to fitting an autofocuser to my 127mm Mak  wip at moment awaiting a spacer from lasermaster to fit on focus tube adapter as thickness of plate needs  accounting for  as screw on adapter is not hitting threaded screw focus tube which spacer will account for all seems to work well hopefully next week I can test if we get a clear spell .

A981DB8B-A213-4B41-A646-1FAD94B90B95.jpeg

1F4CB908-8A25-4BD0-B7C9-11CA929E53D7.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

Nice work. The back plate blends in nicely with the rear of the Mak. Btw did you get the gears and timing belt from our local company HPC Gears?

Steve

No i got 40 teeth gear off ebay   had not heard of hpc gears   belt is 87 teeth                                                                                                

31 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

No i got 40 teeth gear off ebay   had not heard of hpc gears   belt is 87 teeth                                                                                                

I used HPC gears extensively when designing automated assembly machines a few years back. I have built three autofocusers and used Robert Brown's myFocuserPro2 designs.

Steve

• Like 1