sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

COMPLETED - Extremely rare 6" Terrascan giant binoculars SOLD

Based on twin Helios 6" 150mm Parabolic Newtonian Reflector Telescopes and badged 'Terrascan'. 1.25" Eyepiece Fitting, Right Angle, With Altaz Mount. This is a pair of 150MM Terrascan Binoculars made by Peter Drew. They are six inch Reflector binoculars which Peter made to order at The Astronomy Centre, Todmorden. The binoculars take standard 1.25" eyepieces and come with a pair of each 4mm, 10mm and 20mm plossl EPs as well as a pair of 2x barlow lenses. The eyepieces rotate for easy observing and are fully adjustable. It comes with an altazimuth mount also made by Peter. These perform extremely well and give glorious (almost 3d like) views.  
Features: Adjustable inter-pupillary separation by rack and pinion. Individual eyepiece focus.
I have had these for seven years now and it is time to move them on. The mirrors and prisms will need cleaning down, but other than they are in very good nick.

This is also advertised on Astro Buy Sell

oops forgot price!

sorry, looking for  £325 ovno. SOLD

IMG_20200609_115654.jpg

IMG_20200609_115826.jpg

IMG_20200609_115921.jpg

IMG_20200609_115953.jpg

Edited by Soupy
  • Like 1

Lovely! Thankfully too far for me so I don't need to be too annoyed at myself for missing this ad. Sorry you had to let them go and I hope the new owner enjoys them, the views must be wonderful! 

Aye Chris, I must admit I am still a bit reticent about it all, but all good things must come to an end, and it's the right time to move them onto someone else who will enjoy them. Hopefully the sale goes through OK as they are being viewed on Friday.

• Like 1

I've had the privilage of using 6 inch, 8 inch (I think) and 12 inch versions of these that Peter has made - all excellent.  The buyer has got a bargain. 🙂

When TAC is open again I suggest people contact Peter if they would like to try some of these out. 

• Like 2