Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flextube 150p. Is this a new scope

Pretty sure I would have bought that a year or two ago if it had been around.  If it can deliver the views required it seems a great balance of price and size/weight/storage and I could see a lot of sales of that as a 2nd scope.  I've always been unsure about the flextube but people seem very happy with the 130.

I see they have used a 3 vane secondary support on this new model. Can't see it in the photo but presumably the same helical focuser.

It would make a great scope to have on holiday under dark skies :smiley:

Yes it is a new model and its on sale through - https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/skywatcher-heritage-150p.html#SID=54

I imagine it will go on the @FLO website shortly.

I use the Heritage 130P quite often as a quick grab and go - its a brilliant little scope although I have undertaken a lot of modifications. The Helical focuser is not the best but you can improve it. If I did not have the Heritage 130P and a Skywatcher 150P Newt I would buy one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

I imagine it will go on the @FLO website shortly.

It will 🙂 

We have LOTS arriving at our warehouse later this week. (At least I hope we have, it is difficult to be certain of anything during this pandemic). 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bomberbaz said:

Looks very good for a travel scope at just 7.5kg. Just wondering why they didn't increase the focal length to make it a bit of an all rounder.

I guess the single arm dob mount will have it's limitations re: tube length.

• Thanks 1

Looks nice! Ideal as a travel scope. Would be nice if they knocked a few quid off and supplied it just as the OTA, that’s how I would use it, just like my 130P

Loved having a tabletop scope for holidays when I owned a Meade etx. Never had to stuff a tripod on the morning of travel into already bulging luggage, carefully packed the night before by Mrs HM -  something I make a habit of these days. This looks like an ideal option - and a nice aperture too.

I had ordered a 130P back in May as my first scope but was having to wait for it to appear in stock. They still aren't in stock from where I ordered and they've offered up the 150P as an alternative, good timing I think, for the sake of an extra £50.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I had ordered a 130P back in May as my first scope but was having to wait for it to appear in stock. They still aren't in stock from where I ordered and they've offered up the 150P as an alternative, good timing I think, for the sake of an extra £50.

My thoughts are you will get far better results with the 150 and also find it a little easier to use.

Good first scope too that should keep you going for a good while. 

On 09/06/2020 at 15:36, Stu said:

Looks nice! Ideal as a travel scope. Would be nice if they knocked a few quid off and supplied it just as the OTA, that’s how I would use it, just like my 130P

Yes!! 👍  Me too.

45% more light 😏 tempting as a travel scope, which is what i got my 130p for.  Defo would have bought this... the 130p is great bang for buck it has to be said - it's an elegant design.  I like the extra spider vanes on the 150p.  Ideally the focusser board would be a little stiffer too.

• 2 months later...

Just ordered one - can't wait! I live in Edinburgh so have the combination of overcast sky's and light pollution to contend with. Would have loved something bigger but portability is the most important thing for me. This looks ideal for putting into the back of the car and taking advantage of any clear winter night sky's - 20 minutes to the Pentlands or maybe even an occasional jaunt down to Galloway.

• Like 1