Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ZWO ASI2600 not detected

Davey-T

This arrived today courtesy of FLO, downloaded driver, plugged in, device manager says it's working properly but not detected by any software, Maxim, APT, SGP or ASCOM.

Probably something simple.

Dave

• Like 1

That is a very nice ccd you did buy.. hope all will work soon, so you can produce some nice images and share them here...

good luck 

martin

Edited by Guest

23 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Hi Dave. Have you got the camera connected to 12volts too. This camera needs permanent power to operate even with cooling off.

Yes all powered up just confusion cased by crap manual, said it needed ASCOM 6.3 but really wanted ASCOM 6.5 then it wanted Net F'Work 4.8 which has taken for ever and a day to download so just going to have another try.

It's because it's my imaging laptop which I avoid connecting to internet so gets no updates but had to be connected to download Net F'work. so wanted the password that I'd forgotten as never use it so all taking a bit longer than planned 😁

Dave

19 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

so wanted the password that I'd forgotten as never use it so all taking a bit longer than planned 😁

🤪 The joy of getting new gear followed by why won't this work. If I've learned anything in this hobby it is this. If something isn't working it's either a stupid windows update has changed some settings or the stupid astrophotographer has forgotten to do something. 

• Haha 1

What's your  rationale for going colour Dave?  I'm in the market for a new, largish sensor camera too.  I am coming to the realisation that CMOS and "largish sensor" mono do not go hand in hand other than in the ASI1600/ASI1600GT

Just now, kirkster501 said:

What's your  rationale for going colour Dave?  I'm in the market for a new, largish sensor camera too.  I am coming to the realisation that CMOS and "largish sensor" mono do not go hand in hand other than in the ASI1600/ASI1600GT

Hi Steve, I recently purchased a Shapstar150HNT f/2.8 and decided to couple it with a large sensor colour CMOS to hopefully capture some decent data quickly [ hope Olly doesn't read this 😂 ] using short exposures as I never seem to get enough using CCD and filters to produce anything worthwhile although that may just be my lack of patience when processing. 

Its a sort of poor mans Tak Epsilon and there are a few folk producing nice images with those that I'd be happy to emulate.

Just need to pour more money down the astro' imaging money pit to get a dedicated mount for it to save swopping stuff around, probably one of those Rainbow mounts to make a nice portable setup.

Dave

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, clarkpm4242 said:

Likewise Dave!

Have you looked into attaching Canon fit photo lenses?

Cheers

Paul

Not yet but I've got the adapters to give it a go.

Dave

2 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Not yet but I've got the adapters to give it a go.

Thank you.  I'll be asking you what worked later...

...have also looked at your pier setup.

Matching the camera with a RASA 8.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Hi Steve, I recently purchased a Shapstar150HNT f/2.8 and decided to couple it with a large sensor colour CMOS to hopefully capture some decent data quickly [ hope Olly doesn't read this 😂 ] using short exposures as I never seem to get enough using CCD and filters to produce anything worthwhile although that may just be my lack of patience when processing. 

Indeed Dave, the perennial problem of AP in the UK.  Many of us could create images that would be so much better with more data, but to gather the data required to create some of the pics that some of the continental guys achieve would mean devoting a year to produce two or three pictures, so few are our clear nights in general on these shores.

• Like 2

I dunno about devoting lengthy periods of time to one image. Kinda got fed up with waiting weeks or months for a clear night to image a couple of measly hours per channel on mono. So went back to DSLR. If theres a clear spell of weather I might devote a few nights to get 10 hours but last session I only got 44 mins on M27. Still came out ok! I try to enjoy the hobby!

20200531_192146.jpg

• Like 3