NEQ6 DEC SHAFT AND COLLAR THREAD SIZE

morimarty

I'm currently in the process of making a new declination shaft counter weight collar for my neq6 mount. It's all due to suffering flexure having drilled and tapped out the original stock collar to take a 1 inch" counter weight shaft. So my problem is what is the thread size of the declination shaft threads? I know the o/d is 28.8mm and the i/d of the collar is 28.1mm and a pitch is 1.0 on a metric thread gauge. So I naturally assumed it to be M29 fine thread, but when I looked it up in a Zeus book there is no such thread size. So could this be a sky watcher only size, I know I could just reverse engineer the collar but having a standard thread size to work to would be nice. Telescope Express do a counter weight shaft and collar upgrade so what thread size do they use? if any sgl'ers out there no I would be most grateful.

Hi kev

Thanks for your reply, your findings are exactly the same as mine. I would love to know what thread size telescope express use on the orange upgrade counterweight shaft and collar they produce?