Ideas and advise please

Dan13

Hi , ive been clearing out my shed last couple days and acquired a fair bit of room! I recently made a makeshift obsy from pvc pipe and some tarp which tbh has worked great!. The few issues with this were 1. i made it too big and didnt really use all the space up, 2. storage was a real issue! 3. it was loud to take down at 3am !

Thats got me  thinking about setting up shop in my shed. Now i can only use 3/4's of the shed, roughly 6ft (H) 4ft (W) 4ft (L) under consultation from the wife :) so i dont want to (if i can help it) open the whole roof space up. Its currentl felt and tbh in 3 years its not leaked or had mould or mildew anywhere so its pretty solid and weather proof.

I have a few tress behind it but i can grab NCP pretty ok still, but im struggling to think of ideas how to sort the roof? Im thinking maybe cut an access panel in but then not sure how to have this hinged and stil obtain weatherproof?

Im just really after ideas tbh, Im still keen on building something portable as i had before but smaller but cant seem to find the right sides to have (dont want tarp again)

Any feedback would be great, clear skies all

Dan

20200604_145820.jpg

Inked20200604_145824_LI.jpg

20200604_145835.jpg

20200604_145843.jpg

20200604_145847.jpg

You could remove half of the existing roof and then build a roll over roof section that rolls back over the remaining half roof. Put an upstand at the new edge of the existing roof for weatherproofing.

Nice shed btw.

Edited by Stargazer33
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stargazer33 said:

You could remove half of the existing roof and then build a roll over roof section that rolls back over the remaining half roof. Put an upstand at the new edge of the existing roof for weatherproofing.

Nice shed btw.

Thanks Bryan thats a good shout!, ill have a google how to DIY roll over roofs a bit later. Appreciate the advice. And thanks, took me a while :)