stargazine_ep38_banner.thumb.jpg.6fe20536a22b28c17b2ee1818650993c.jpg

Hi all,

Bought my first telescope 3 weeks ago celestron 114eq then last week upgraded to skywatcher 150p on a eq 3-2 mount, now I'm looking at upgrading the mount to a eq5 goto, my question is should I save for the eq 5 goto or just get the eq5 sooner then get the goto upgrade kit later, are the eq 5 goto and eq5 goto upgrade kit the same?do you end up with the same mount at the end of the upgrade or is it slightly diffrent? 

Cheers

Harry

Wow, you don’t hang around!! 😀 The EQ5 with the upgrade is the same as the EQ5 pro GoTo but be aware that the upgrade kit can be difficult to fit as the instructions are atrocious 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Jiggy 67 said:

Wow, you don’t hang around!! 😀 The EQ5 with the upgrade is the same as the EQ5 pro GoTo but be aware that the upgrade kit can be difficult to fit as the instructions are atrocious 

So the mount is exactly the same visually when  the upgrade kit is added? I though they may have been some diffrence I dont mind the fading around with an upgrade, and if it's exactly the same gives me more time to save for the upgrade too thanks for your replys guys much appreciated:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SStanford
      Hi all,
      I'm looking at acquiring my first goto mount and have decided on the Sky-Watcher EQ5 PRO Go-To.  Stock seems to be low everywhere at the moment so I'm keeping my eyes peeled.
      I have a few questions regarding alignment.
      Although I will be taking the mount "out-and-about" I will mostly be using the EQ5 on my balcony at home; this will make alignment with polaris impossible.  I'm relived to see the EQ5 allowas bright star alignment (with the scope beginning at north) which is great for the location.
      My question is; am I able to choose which bright stars the mount will align with? for example, if the mount asks me to confirm the position of a star I cant see at all from the balcony, can I choose stars that are visible from my side of the building?
      I'm very new to astrophotography and would like to be prepared before splashing out!
      S.
    • By Sjweemie
      hi all,
      i recently got my first telescoop. with the EQ5 mount and the enhanced dual axis motor drive ( http://www.robtics.nl/product_info.php?cPath=27_35&products_id=5465 )
      is there a way to control my telescoop via my laptop instead of using the the basic hand controller.

i googled a bit and found a few things like EQMOD EQDIR  with ASCOM. does this also word with my mount.
      greetings
      Sjweemie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.