SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eyepiece identity?

Anyone able to identify this eyepiece please? Bought about 1982, it is marked "Or 9mm"  and is therefore presumably an ortho. It is a very able performer, great with my 180 Mak, although it is not an EP for spectacle wearers!

The nearly unreadable yellow label on it shows it is of Japanese origin. I took the barrel off to clean the outside optical surfaces up, and it appears to be very well put together.

Chris

image.png.06a6abcce38ce2785e25b87a84800a28.png

Edited by chiltonstar
  • Like 1

One of the much renowned Circle-T abbe orthos. Proper 3+1 optical layout. Still very strong performers. I wish the more modern ortho designs had been of the "volcano top" style. Lifts that eye lens toward the eye so helping with the usual tightish ortho eye relief.

You used to be able to get these for peanuts but I've noticed that the used prices (they are well out of production) have crept up to equal the likes of Tele Vue plossls now and rightly so.

I used to have some of the University Optics branded versions - wish I still had them :rolleyes2:

Classic "volcano top" orthos in demand ? - Discussions - Eyepieces ...

• Like 4