sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

COMPLETED - Meade ETX90 – OTA only - SOLD

Meade 90mm Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA

Focal length: 1250mm, f13.8

I’ve owned this lovely little scope from new, bought in the late 1990s while working in the USA.  The mount and electronics gave up the ghost a while ago, so this is the OTA only.  Always kept in the original ETX90 hard case.  OTA is in good condition, with sharp optics, and supplied complete with original finder scope, screw-in end cap, flip-mirror visual back, plus ETX to SCT thread adapter, and ETX to T-mount adapters.  It’s also complete with the original Meade 26mm Plossl eyepiece.

The ETX90 OTA has a tripod thread underneath the rear mirror cell, and as well as its obvious highly portable lunar and planetary astro applications, it also makes a nice spotting scope.

Collection preferred, as very reluctant to risk posting it, but if the weather’s fine, we’d be happy to arrange a safe, socially-distanced inspection of the scope in our garden.  Cash on collection, or payment by bank transfer.  Asking £95.00 ovno.

ETX 90 case top.jpg

ETX 90 case open.jpg

ETX 90 and accessories.jpg

ETX 90 corrector.jpg

ETX 90 side view plus accessories.jpg

Edited by Chinapig
Item now sold
  • 4 weeks later...

PLEASE IGNORE - NO LONGER REQUIRED - THANK YOU.

I will happily give you £90 for this, but could you keep until I am allowed south to collect post covid shennanigans...???
Thank you
Matthew

Edited by rockinrome
No longer required.
11 hours ago, Red Top Miguel said:

Good Afternoon, 

As this is only OTA can you mount it on a AZ5? 

Thanks Mick

You'd need to fit a dovetail onto the base, where the two tripod-mounting threads are, and then yes, it would fit onto pretty much any astro mount, AZ5 included.  I've had two or three different Vixen-type dovetails on it in the past, to fit onto my EQ5 or Tecnosky Cubo alt-az mount.  Very simple to do.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Simon

Edited by Chinapig