Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

Posted (edited)

Another lockdown capture from my light polluted balcony. Approx 1.5hrs of 90s subs with  a Samyang 135mm f2 (at f2.8) using a Canon EOS 60d (unmodded). 
Stacked in DSS. 
Processed in Photoshop CC 

https://flic.kr/p/2j89ifg

IBRC4507.tiff

Edited by mightymonoped
Link rather than upload.
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sidecontrol
      Hi Everyone,

Not posted some images since my introduction in the welcome section.  With the dark nights finally back here in Scotland I thought Id share some of the DSOs I managed to capture back in Feb-April just before the light nights rolled in at the start of May.

These were all stacked and edited in PixInsight.  
      1.  The Running Man and Orion Nebula - less than an hour of integration time (SA pro + fuji 55-200mm lens).
      2. Bodes and Cigar Galaxy - Less than an hour of integration time ( SA pro + SW 72 ED telescope). 
      3. Flame, Horsehead, Running Man and Orion Nebula - Less than an hour of integration time (SA pro + fuji 55-200mm lens).
      4. Pinwheel Galaxy - 35 mins integration time (SA pro + SW 72 ED telescope).
      5  Whirlpool Galaxy - 21 mins integration time (SA pro + SW 72 ED telescope). 
      6.  Andromeda Galaxy - 1.5 minutes integration time (Move Shoot Move + fuji 55-200mm lens).  

• By mcg_photogrpahy
      Hello everybody. My last imaging session left odd looking star trials in my photos, almost like a clockwise motion. My polar alignment and balance were good, so I am not sure why this issue is occuring. Below is an attached video of me scrolling through my subs. Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated!
      IMG_7102.mov
    • By Scooot
      Taken with the 450D & baby Tak on the Star Adventurer. This is about 5.5 hours of 1.25 minute exposures over two nights, which is the longest I’ve ever managed to image. I just left the camera clicking until the battery ran out. Processed in Pixinsight with flats & bias but no darks. I usually find it very difficult to align the camera with the previous night’s, but this time I left the scope in the same position overnight & placed Merak in the bottom right hand corner which actually worked.  
    • By Ken Mitchell
      Hi all,
      For a long time I wanted to shoot this frame, probably from the early days of my astrophotography adventure.
      Finally after all these years I managed to get a decent result of the 'stuff' between these two beautiful nebulae. Fairly happy with the image but always looking for improvement.
      I hope one day to redo this all with a mono camera and filters. 
      Apart from NGC1499 , M45 and the Baby Eagle Nebula no idea what else is in the picture. If you happen to have an idea feel free to educate me.

Some info on image and capturing:
      Widefield Pleiades to California.
      Taken over 2 nights with a total of 11hrs 25min integration.  
      With a stock Nikon d610 and Nikkor 85mm 1.8 objective.
      Tracking was done with the Skywatcher Star Adventurer.
      Lights and all calibrations frames were stacked in DSS.
      Processing was done in Adobe Photoshop CC using Adobe Raw, GradientXterminator plugin, HLVG plugin, Nik software plugins and Photokemi action set.

Ken

• By FileraBe
      Hi,
      sorry if this was already posted, i'm looking for a flattener/reducer for my William Optics Zenithstar 66 SD (already asked WO by email) they reply me that since this product is discontinued over 10 years ago, i need to look for 
      FlatII, FlatIII - with 2"sct thread
      Flat6a with 2"SCT adapter
      and i saw this one https://www.firstlightoptics.com/reducersflatteners/william-optics-adjustable-flat6a-iii-08x-reducer-flattener.html
      and this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32917167365.html but i'm not very sure, so i'll ask before buying anything
      i will use it on my recently buyed star adventurer classic (buyed on FLO)

Thanks in advance

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.