SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC5070 Pelican

As others have done I've gone ahead and processed less data than I would have liked because astrodark has now all but gone - something else to blame rather than the usual weather issues!

This is 16x600s Ha and 10x600s O and S.

I was heading down the Hubble pallet route but found the resulting blue just to overpowering in this image which has a wide expanse of oxygen. At times it felt more like art than science processing this incredible area with these colours. I haven't done much with the stars as I am looking at and working on star removal/reduction techniques so if I find a way that works for me I'll rework it and repost.

SHO.thumb.jpg.6dfb905c177902f1cce581cab13543b2.jpg

Edited by silentrunning
  • Like 9

Just now, carastro said:

That's come out really well John, the stars are fine, not overwhelming.

I'd personally like a colour other than yellow for the Ha, but it is all personal taste.

Carole 

I know what you mean Carol.

I absolutely love the aquamarine of the Oxygen but haven't changed the hue other than what results from a few adjustments on the way to Hubble. I might have some fun and play around with some changes to specific hues. 

• Like 1

That looks great John. I can't comment on the colour palette as I know zip about processing NB data other than Ha in mono (I know very little about that too) and Ha added to RGB, which is still a challenge for me....

• Like 1