Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New sunspot

2 hours ago, wheresthetorch? said:

Actual sunspot just appearing on the south-east limb.  (Picute from The Sun Now app - it's typically cloudy today!)

Been waiting to see my first sun spot, but to cloudy here at the moment.

Will hopefully try later.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Littleguy80 said:

Thick cloud all day and then around 18:00 the Sun appeared. I got a nice look at AR2765. Hooked the camera up for a quick picture. I'm not astrophotographer so forgive the dodgy processing ;) 8FE714A0-2547-4F86-A0A4-7B300EC62039_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.52cc70aee75026a862b6c2a5655a75ea.jpeg

That’s very nice Neil! Hope I get a chance to see it soon.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

That a great photo Neil - was it taken with your small frac and HW?. The forecast for tomorrow morning is sunny so hopefully I will catch the active region in both white light and Ha.

Thanks Mark. Sure was. I recently acquired an entry level DSLR. I connected that to the HW via a T-Ring. I still feel a bit clueless with it but am pleased with the results so far. 

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

That’s very nice Neil! Hope I get a chance to see it soon.

Thanks Stu. Today’s clear spell was against the forecast so you never know. It looks like it should be around for a few days to come. 

• Like 1

Managed to grab a quick look and smart phone image in a gap in the clouds. Looking really nice! Penumbras regions around two of the larger areas (perhaps theee?) and two tiny spots, plus a lovely trailing area of faculae.

Handheld shot through one side of the binoviewer, green, orangey or grey, take your pick! 🤣

4A14C617-FCCD-4739-9C4A-EE5DD0D2EA81.jpeg

EB2C19DD-147C-4183-9069-120155399E2D.jpeg

7A34EC2E-CD58-4BB8-905C-66BC7E1CCF14.jpeg

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Somehow Green is now my natural colour, must be got used to the filter now.
I was not quick enough between work calls, meeting on Teams and the showers.

I’m the same actually Alan, I end up being surprised when people ask my why the sun is green!

• Like 1

Thanks for the update folks.  Grabbed a few minutes of sunlight to do a quick WL setup.  They're beautiful!  My first ever sunspots through a frac (projection via binos was decades ago 😂).  And my first ever BV'ing on the sun too.  What fun - thank you again for the head's ups!

• Like 3