SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Projects.......

Doc

My project list is growing day by day...

1. Barndoor drive for my new 1000d

2. Light tent for my new 1000d

3. Sort out the AZimuth "Push To" part of my 16" dob.

4. Stop dew build up on my telrad and secondry mirrors.

5. Get some photos of startrials.

So many things to do.

What are yours....

1. Motorise my roll off roof (anyone have an electric garage door opener lying about?)

2. Finish my dew heaters

3. Super cool my DSLR

4. Hardwire my obs into the home network rather than use wifi

5. Make a warm room in the obs

Mine are:

1. attack the lights and the computer in the obs with red film

2. get a way of supporting my star guide and a notebook so that I can find and record objects at the scope

3. work out all the proper balance points for the various combinations of eyepieces/cameras etc so that I can adjust balance withouit losing alignment - and save my motors!

4. build wheel barrow wheels for Jean's Dob (may be after help Doc :) )

Helen

Mine are:

1. attack the lights and the computer in the obs with red film

2. get a way of supporting my star guide and a notebook so that I can find and record objects at the scope

3. work out all the proper balance points for the various combinations of eyepieces/cameras etc so that I can adjust balance withouit losing alignment - and save my motors!

4. build wheel barrow wheels for Jean's Dob (may be after help Doc :) )

Helen

Helen you have reminded me with your number 2. I want to build a laptop table attached to a swivel thats attached to a tube thats attached to the dob base.

And yes I will help you with wheelbarrow wheels and handles. Believe when I say best mod ever.

:salute: thank you kind sir! Jean is 71 and finding lugging the Dob around rather intimidating now, so the mod should mean easy access from the garage to the patio, and so more use :) .

Questions to follow....

Helen

Mine would be......

• [li]Get the fan adapter plate sorted out for the SW-200 which keeps getting put on hold[/li]
    [li]Get the eyepieces and accessories cases sorted out[/li]
    [li]Get on with selling some of my old tat on abay so I can upgrade the HEQ5 [/li]
    [li]Get the tube rotation ring system sorted out and stop dithering about with 2 dozen different designs - pick one and get on with it.[/li]
    [li]Get the Adur AS website up to its version 3 design which is s-l-i-c-k[/li]
    [li]Stop adding anymore projects to the list and dont start on anything else until the current ones are completed[/li]

1. Get a decent repeatable method for flat frames for astrophotography

2. Finish my automatic dew heater and publish my design and software to share the joy with the astro community for free, lets show the manufacturers that useful astronomy kit doesn't have to be stupidly expensive :hello2: (I might be asking for advice at some point on this one)

3. Build some kind of portable obs (I really only want 4 sides to give protection from wind/direct light pollution

4. Get a decent automatic focuser for the WO66 so I can sit indoors for the whole of my imaging sessions

5. Add more astro related projects to my development board (focus motor controller)

Archived