Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

So I bought a telrad...

Had my 200p Skywatcher Dob for all of 2-3 weeks and I was slightly struggling with the straight 9x50 finder scope. Despite still being relatively supple at the grand age of 40, it wasn't comfortable locating objects that were slightly higher in the sky or in busier areas. 

So the decision to aid my object location was right angled finder scope, rigel quikfinder or telrad. After reading the odd comparison review thread (again on this site, becoming quite invaluable!) I decided to purchase the telrad from FLO.

After a very easy alignment and installation with the foam tape (yes I went in straight away 😬), I can honestly say it's made finding objects incredibly easy, coupled with skysafari+ it's taking me seconds to locate stuff, I'm delighted.  I rarely use the finder scope now but like the aesthetics so will keep it; I may replace it with a RACI if my back goes...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, IB20 said:

Had my 200p Skywatcher Dob for all of 2-3 weeks and I was slightly struggling with the straight 9x50 finder scope. Despite still being relatively supple at the grand age of 40, it wasn't comfortable locating objects that were slightly higher in the sky or in busier areas. 

So the decision to aid my object location was right angled finder scope, rigel quikfinder or telrad. After reading the odd comparison review thread (again on this site, becoming quite invaluable!) I decided to purchase the telrad from FLO.

After a very easy alignment and installation with the foam tape (yes I went in straight away 😬), I can honestly say it's made finding objects incredibly easy, coupled with skysafari+ it's taking me seconds to locate stuff, I'm delighted.  I rarely use the finder scope now but like the aesthetics so will keep it; I may replace it with a RACI if my back goes...

Hello IB20

You will find the telerad is a great finder for your dob and  whats more its good for star hopping!  You may want to consider getting a  4" riser that fits onto your Telrad which does save you bending over even more to view your targets.  Have fun and clear skies......

Best regards,

Hadyn - IOM

• Like 1