Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Elephant Trunk - Ha

Z3roCool

Took my first shot of the Elephant Trunk since getting a dedicated camera. This is just under 2 hours of 5 min subs. Took another few hours in OIII but did not get my focus nailed so stars look terrible :(  Will do again but after 4 nights of 3AM finishes could not do another! :D

Details:

ZWO 1600 MM Pro

22 x 5min Subs in Ha

Canon 400mm 5.6 lens

Gandalf_PS_LR-X3.jpg

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

That's come out rather well indeed!  Could the Oiii be rescued in Starnett++ and still be used??

Great idea. Had not thought of that, just running through StarNet now to see what it looks like. Thanks :)

Edited by Z3roCool

57 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

You could always combine your ha and O111 subs then add the ha layer again as a luminance, then blur the original ha O111 layer 

Will give that a go, will have to have a play as pretty new to NB and Photoshop! :)

2 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

That's come out rather well indeed!  Could the Oiii be rescued in Starnett++ and still be used??

Tried to Starless fix...Stars are a lot better and at least got a bit of colour in....will have to go again as my PS skills are terrible! A quick edit anyway to see if the stars were kept in check. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gandalf2-X3.jpg

Edited by Z3roCool
  • Like 1