Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 from last night

M110

Hi guys, here's my attempt at the Orion Neb from last night. Made up of 4x10s, 4x30s, 4x45s, 4x60s and 4x90s subs taken with the Canon 400D at prime focus of the Burgess Apo, with a skywatcher LPR filter (actually makes quite a difference - not bad for under £25!!)

All processing done in The GIMP

11508_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Unfortunately my processing skills leave much to be desired...

Hope you enjoy,

Alex

I love it!!! As a Linux developer I have a lot of respect for those using The Gimp. :)

I'm hoping to do some M42 imaging myself, as soon as Celestron sends me a new motor drive. I bought one before Christmas that was junk. I'm still waiting, and I'm going crazy wishing I could get some good M42 shots. This one of yours will help calm my nerves. Thanks a bunch for sharing! :thumbright:

Nice M110 - keep it up!

You can go even deeper with this target as I'm sure you know, maybe 3-4 minutes if your skies will allow, and 'paint' the fainter nebulosity around the brighter, which you've probably already done to get this.

Nice work.

Iain

Nice capture Mel.

A little bit of trailing showing but nothing that can't be sorted in processing, and the colours are very rich.

Hope you don't mind, I ran a couple of curves adjustments on it to see what I could bring out. This brought out some compression artifacts but this wouldn't happen on the original. There's quite a lot of data in there :hello2:

Cheers

Rob

Nice capture Mel.

Mel?!! :shock: :)

There's quite a lot of data in there :(

well i never found it! :hello2: lol new years resolution #1: learn to process images... :D

Thanks guys...

Alex

Archived