Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Alt/Az mount.

surfindogg

9 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Interesting but only 7kg capacity.but small and compact. Would depend on what the UK price would be. 🤔
https://astrohutech.store/product/scopetech-mount-zero/

UK prices seem to be in £ what they are in $ in the US so might be a bit pricy compared to similar products.

The fact that is disassembles for transport is a plus though.

Not sure if I am allowed to link to the thread on CN where I saw it but there are photos of a variety of scopes mounted. 

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/696588-new-alt-az-scopetech-zero/

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, John said:

I wonder how it would handle my Tak FC100-DL 🤔

I think I have one coming my way to try out John, so can try with the FC100DC and also the Vixen FL which is probably more similar to the DL, possibly a little bigger.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

I think I have one coming my way to try out John, so can try with the FC100DC and also the Vixen FL which is probably more similar to the DL, possibly a little bigger.

Brilliant, Stu. Keep us posted.

Have you ever tried a VAMO (by way of comparison)?

Thanks Stu. I'll watch out for your feedback on it. Tube length makes or breaks these lighter mounts so I'll be especially interested on how the Vixen fares.

Don't know why I'm interested - I already have 3 very good alt-az mounts. Must be a bit obsessed with the things !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I inquired about this mount a few weeks ago at FLO and been waiting for it to show up. Just ordered one yay.

Will put it against Ayo II and Vamo and one of these three will stay ;) I already know that Vamo can handle my scopes just as good as Ayo II so it will be interesting to see how this little one from Japan goes. Slo-mo is certainly a plus...

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Brilliant, Stu. Keep us posted.

Have you ever tried a VAMO (by way of comparison)?

Yes, I’ve tried a Vamo Traveller for a little while and also had a Vixen Porta quite a while back so have some reference points.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Stu said:

Yes, I’ve tried a Vamo Traveller for a little while and also had a Vixen Porta quite a while back so have some reference points.

Some how I thought you might have, Stu 🙂

And it sounds as if we'll have some comparison reference points from @heliumstar too!

Exciting times!

• Like 2

This mount looks very interesting indeed. I wonder if it would be a good (albeit quite pricey) replacement for my AZ5. Some of the articles I've read also show that it can be used right or left handed (which would suit my C5 much better... finder positioning) and also the clamp has M6 and M8 screws at 35mm (which would take the same ADM saddles I have on my SkyTee or indeed others) 🤔

In addition, I did try the StellaMira on the AZ5 and found it prone to some vibration, which I guess must be due to the long tube, as the C5 has no such issue on this mount.

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, John said:

Tube length makes or breaks these lighter mounts so I'll be especially interested on how the Vixen fares.

Don't know why I'm interested - I already have 3 very good alt-az mounts. Must be a bit obsessed with the things !

Ok, after a good deal of research on a number of Japanese sites (translated), I've decided to give this mount a go as a potential replacement for the AZ5. @John I'll also be very interested to see how it fares with the StellaMira 80mm f/10... having a tube length of 800mm and with 2" diagonal, 9x50 RACI finder and a Panaview 38mm eyepiece (my largest) fitted, comes in at 6.2kg (the mount is rated to 7kg), it should be a good test!

Just need to be patient now for the delivery from @FLO 😀

• Like 1

Looks like an interesting small alt-az mount. 

Similar max load to the Manfrotto 405 head I’m using. Would sit nicely on a Manfrotto 475 geared tripod for a portable setup. Compared the 405 head to an AZ5 but the AZ5 wasn’t as good and was rather crude in comparison.

F4EEF059-EABC-4A52-89E4-67160B9FDA20.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Ok, after a good deal of research on a number of Japanese sites (translated), I've decided to give this mount a go as a potential replacement for the AZ5. @John I'll also be very interested to see how it fares with the StellaMira 80mm f/10... having a tube length of 800mm and with 2" diagonal, 9x50 RACI finder and a Panaview 38mm eyepiece (my largest) fitted, comes in at 6.2kg (the mount is rated to 7kg), it should be a good test!

Just need to be patient now for the delivery from @FLO 😀

Wow ! - I didn't realize that the StellaMira 80mm F/10 was that heavy. My Tak FC100-DL weighs around 4.5kg fully loaded. It's a bit longer though.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it :smiley:

3 minutes ago, John said:

Wow ! - I didn't realize that the StellaMira 80mm F/10 was that heavy. My Tak FC100-DL weighs around 4.5kg fully loaded. It's a bit longer though.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it :smiley:

It is remarkably heavy, but does feel built like a tank!

I will report back as soon as I get it tested 😊

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Built like a tank definately applies to the StellaMira. It’s one solid scope. 🙂

Sure does - it weighs nearly as much as my ED120 !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, John said:

Sure does - it weighs nearly as much as my ED120 !

According to the spec the tube is aluminum. Must be pretty thick stuff ?

An 80mm F/10 doublet is not going to have thick glass elements so much of the weight must be elsewhere. Does it have solid gold baffles ? :grin: