Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC6188 and surronds

MeyGray3833

Well, my three dragon race has been run and I'm knackered with an LRGB, HOO and SHO each (We won't mention a rather poor attempt at HaLRGB for the quadfecta). happy04.gif

For your viewing pleasure, here is my interpretation of the Hubble palette of NGC6188 and friends.

I have tried very hard with this one to go "less is more", similar to my HOO version but with even less. No artificial sharpening, minor noise reduction and careful stretching, some colour manipulation to remove some of the green and the addition of RGB stars.

I have left it a bit tame in the colour palette as I felt I was murdering good data trying to get it to be teal and gold all over. It appears to respond to the subtle colour change better and reveals a lot of structure in the nebulousness over most of the image.

Doing these three images has helped change the way my processing is being done, with some core strategies for linear data now firmly entrenched in my mind, seemingly giving rise to much better data when stretched. Of course, it must be good data to start with(well,as good as I can get it).

I hope you take a look and find the viewing enjoyable.

As always, details with images.

Cheers and clears! thumbsup.gif

PS: HOO version is here

LRGB is here

NGC6188_HOO_RGB Stars_Web.jpg

NGC6188_LRGB_Web.jpg

NGC6188_SHO_Final_Web.jpg

Edited by MeyGray3833
  • Like 4