sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_4.gif.6a323659519d12fc7cafc409440c9dbf.gif

I imaged Jupiter, Saturn and Mars this morning around 3.30am in the interval between 'high enough' and dawn.  Equipment: CPC800, ASI224MC, ADC. Captured with Sharpcap, processed with Registax6. Used best 20% of 5000 frame videos.

It's so long since I did any planetary imaging that I had to re-learn what to do. The Jupiter and Saturn images seem under-exposed.

Jupiter03_22_09.jpg

Saturn03_27_13.jpg

Mars03_32_46.jpg

• Like 7

Well done, a promise of things to come later this summer. Great dedication to capture these so early in the season.

I think more frames captured would help smooth out the images. I always capture about 10,000 frames and use about 25-40%

Peter

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Xilman
      Although this image is not of a planet, it is of a planetary satellite and I can't find anywhere more appropriate to post it.
      Last summer I imaged (the locations of) some satellites of Jupiter and Saturn but have only just got around to processing them. One target was Albiorix, aka Saturn XXVI. Discovered in 2000, it is only 30km across, roughly half the diameter of the M25 motorway. At the time of observation it was magnitude V=21.5.
      62 1-minute subs taken with an unfiltered SX814 on a 0.4m Dilworth were stacked on the mean motion of the satellite and the result compared with the MPC ephemeris and the DSS2 images. The stars are trailed; the faintest one nearby is catalogued at g=20.68 in Gaia EDR3. Its trailed image is marked with the asterisk and red arrow. Despite the low signal to noise, Albiorix shows up untrailed in precisely the correct location; there are no stars of comparable brightness at that position in DSS2 and there were no asteroids thereabouts at that time according to the MPC, so I'm reasonably confident of the identification.

• By ShrewView
      Ingenuity has just taken its first successful up and down flight on mars!
      Amazing considering there's almost no atmosphere to fly in.
      Only a couple of pics so far at the end of the broadcast but I'm sure more to follow. 
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1KolyCqICI

• By Astrodinsk
      Shooting date: 10/16/2020; Shooting time 23:00 - 23:55; UT + 3h; Location: village #Dinskaya, #Krasnodar Territory; Equipment: Telescope Sky-Watcher 150 / 750PDS; Mount: Sky-Watcher Heq5 Pro SynScan; LB 3x #Televue Powermate; #ZWO ASI 120MC camera; Visible diameter 22.04 sec. arcs; Gloss -2.37; Azimuth 134.31 °; Height 42 °; The illumination of the planet by the Sun is 97.7%; Distance from Earth to Mars 63.5 million km; km; Roller 120 sec Crop video frames 8 bit, 380x380, 30% of 12,615, (69) FPS; Software: FireCapture; gain 36 (36%), exposure 7,000ms, Brightness (offset) = 9, Histogram = 60%; PIPP; AS3; RS6; PS CC (2020)
    • By MarsG76
      This image is a compilation of my captured images of Mars during this years (2020) opposition season of Mars. All of the images were taken using a 8" SCT at 6764mm focal length (f33.3) with an Celestron Skyris 618C CCD. All of the images were taken with the same telescope at the same focal length so shows the size of the martian disc as it was closer, at opposition and further from Earth.
    • By Daniel Valencia
      Hi Guys!
      My name is Daniel and I am from Ecuador, I love astronomy and the secrets our universe holds. I love Jupiter, our big brother, so I opened this forum to talk about facts, secrets, theories, etc. About our gas giant!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.