Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

jamesj01

Recently purchased Celestron 127EQ recommendations

@Philip R thanks have purchased the book and a celestron 32mm eyepiece! 

Will look into filters shortly and once i have gained enough knowledge as there are plenty of choices 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 31/05/2020 at 15:31, Mick H said:

👍 As Philip says.

I use a Celestron Omni Plossl 32mm for DSO's, infact I use that eyepiece the most.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/celestron-eyepieces/celestron-omni-plossl-eyepiece.html

@Mick H question - i purchased the 32mm Omni Plossl eyepice. Do you use it in photography and if so, how do you attach it to the camera? It wouldnt fit in my adpater i currently have.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jamesj01 said:

@Mick H question - i purchased the 32mm Omni Plossl eyepice. Do you use it in photography and if so, how do you attach it to the camera? It wouldnt fit in my adpater i currently have.

Sorry James, just seen your post.

I only do visual, but I think the astro cam's replaces the eyepiece.

Others might help you here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BenR
      Hello
      I am new to astronomy, and recently purchased a Celestron Starsense Explorer LT 114AZ, and just for a start, I used the finderscope to locate exactly a random star, and I looked through the eyepiece and just saw a blurry white image. I was using a 25mm eyepiece lens, and then decided to put on the 2x Barlow lens with the 25mm lens, and nothing changed. Is this normal? What should I do to improve?
      Thanks.
    • By Mike Read
      Morning,
      I currently have a Celestron 9.25" SCT and am in the process of upgrading the focuser to baader steeltrack. I have the f/6.3 FR on back order. My question is: where will the FR fit in the image train? Is it compatible?
      Thanks Mike
    • By James1967
      Ok, after lots of research, I finally decided on the above and just ordered with FLO.  Now got a few weeks wait so can keep exploring the sky manually with by binoculars and learn as many pitfalls as possible about the Evo 9.25”.  The only accessory I ordered for now is a dew shield, but I’m expecting I will want to get a 2” visual back, star diagonal and wide angle eyepiece (possibly 0.63 focal reducer too) to get the max field of view possible when I so choose.  Any views on whether StarSense is worth it - it seems pretty simple to align without it (I may come to regret saying this)
      So why am I posting?  Just after any and all advice for a beginner, in particular regarding maximising field of view down the line (the relatively narrow FOV was the only real downside of the Evo 9.25” for me) and any recommended accessories to enhance my viewing pleasure over time.  Any other general top tips also very welcome. 
      I look forward to being able to help others in due course when I have something more than roughly zero knowledge and experience!
    • By Kadersin
      Hey guys and gals!
      I currently own a Celestron Powerseeker 127EQ.  Do you think a NexStar 6SE is a worthwhile upgrade?
      Pros / cons?
      Thx!
    • By theonlypromg
      The Great Conjunction
      who else waiting for the Great Conjunction between Saturn and Jupiter in 21 December 2020
      Click here to watch

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.