Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hellooo from nottingham, uk

mantoast

Hi guys and Gals,

My name is Tom and im 24 from nottingham england.

I've been in love with the stars for years now, and have been after a telescope for past 3 years. I've never had any spare cash to blow on a telescope, so yesterday when I was food shopping I found the below telescope for £40,

I know its going to be Rubbish, but at least it will start me off, and then I will want to save money to buy a better one.

I have not used it yet as lastnight it was cloudy :crybaby:

I have a lot of questions to ask, but will have a read around first incase they have been asked before.

Tom

post-600-1230996676.jpg

Hi Tom welcome to SGL :)

Must have been to Aldi.

It's a reflector with 76mm diameter mirror and focal length of 700mm. A liitle bit on the small size limiting you to bright objects, but these should look fine.

The equatorial mount is certainly adequate to take this size scope so there should not be too much wobble.

From your pics I noticed you have not take off all of the aperture cover - the whole thing come off not just the bit in the middle (hope you don't mind me mentioning it).

The eyepieces are cheap, but ok. If it comes with a barlow lens or erecting lens don't bother with them as they are so poorly made.

Mike

Hi Tom welcome to SGL :)

Must have been to Aldi.

It's a reflector with 76mm diameter mirror and focal length of 700mm. A liitle bit on the small size limiting you to bright objects, but these should look fine.

The equatorial mount is certainly adequate to take this size scope so there should not be too much wobble.

From your pics I noticed you have not take off all of the aperture cover - the whole thing come off not just the bit in the middle (hope you don't mind me mentioning it).

The eyepieces are cheap, but ok. If it comes with a barlow lens or erecting lens don't bother with them as they are so poorly made.

Mike

Yup it was an Aldi job,

and god dont I feel like a newbie now... yes I only took the small cover off, I didnt even know the whole thing comes off... thanks for spotting that one.

Just had another go at look at the moon (now with both covers off) and it looks much better now.

As for people asking about my location, its basford where the old commodore used to be.

Thanks everyone for the welcome...

Archived