Narrowband

Using AutoStakkert!2 to stack manually tracked images

Hi not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but when stacking in AutoStakkert!2 or Registax 6 my photos come out all blurry and choppy. I am manually tracking, perhaps not well enough, but I thought alignment and stacking were supposed to reduce this. I have also tried PIPP but to no avail. I'll post images how how they come out, along with settings. Thanks!

21_47_00_g4_ap268_Drizzle15.png

21_47_00_pipp_g4_ap224_Drizzle15.png

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

Thanks for the reply, on this run it happened to be on planet but I've tried surface and got similar results (posted). I still get a kind of choppiness around the edges, and it's also blurry. Could this be down to using a webcam or is the scope out of focus or something? thanks

21_47_00_g4_ap210.png

OK, so you now need to sharpen the stacked image using something like Registax or ImPPG.

Not sure what you mean about doing the same with planets. If you are referring to the edges, then yes on a planet image the edges will still be choppy but the planet itself should look fine.

The key to all this though is to just use AS!2 to stack (don’t tick sharpen) and use something else to sharpen the stacked image.