Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

software choice

APP is 150€. It by no means has all of PixInsight's features -- yet -- but I certainly am not limited by it. Straightforward and easy to use, has great defaults and "automatic" settings for most of us. Really good gradient/light-pollution reduction tool.

• Thanks 1

Of the three options given, #3 any time of day. PS will cost more in the end (you may also need to buy add-ons). GIMP is best bang for buck, but you'll end up :BangHead: because it lacks essential features. Depending on your requirements, of course.

PI has all you need, although some things are easier in PS. 

In all honesty, download the free evaluation versions and test them. Most apps will allow this. Then go for the one you like best and can afford.

Consider Astro Pixel Processor and StarTools as well. 

• Thanks 1

I was going to also suggest StarTools and to first download the trial versions as you may find you prefer using one to another and that helps your decision.

There are members here proficient in the different options plus there are YouTube guides. If any trials are time limited focus on trialing the different options one at a time so you get the most from it and I'd use the same data set as a start.

• Thanks 1